Thread: Lemon Detox Diet

Exclamation Lemon Detox Diet

Just read their extensive website - and am intrigued at the chance of losing some of this baby fat prior to my wedding (in 20 days)...

Has anyone tried it, or know someone who has (lord knows if those testimonials on their website are real or not ).

I'm a bit freaked out at not eating solids for 5- 7 days I must say....!

I have not tried it but would also love to hear how others have done, there has been alot of hype about this so would be great to know if its true or not

i know you probably dont want to hear this but here is my 2 cents worth...

those type of things arnt very sustaining long term i would go for a lifestyle change rather than a diet cause diets dont work long term you gain it back and more If ur after a jump start i would cut out all breads and processed foods stick to fresh foods ONLY. you will see great results.
    Last edited by squidipa; September 3rd, 2009 at 08:35 AM.

I would have to agree with Squidipa.
    I think the lemon detox diet is a bit scary really, and of course you're going to drop alot of weight on any type of liquid diet. You could probably make your own up for cheaper than what they'll want for their product.
    Like Squidipa said they're not sustainable, and god knows what damage they might do in the mean time???

my sisters getting married early next year and as the bridesmaid I was also looking for that kick start iykwim? anyway I was reading in one of those wedding magazines how a journo did it for 5 days, she did loose about 5kg (pro) but over the next month but on almost double that (con) and majorly stuffed up her matabolism (sp) (con) so it is going to make any future weight loss harder.

I would go with squidpa suggestions, cut out any softdrink, cut down coffee/tea, stay off processed food and you will be surprised how much you loose due the amount of fluid you have. As for that baby wobble (at least that is my major problem have you tried any of those gut sucking underware?)

Goodluck Leesa, can't wait to see the pic

I've purchased it, got it all ready took a sip and

eeeeeeeew. it was grosse. Absolute waste of money. It was hot as in spicy and it was really yucky to taste.

Don't buy it.

My sister did it about 6 weeks ago and was very ill ....the drop in food intake is very hard for the body to cope with. - She had severe diarrhea (sp), headaches, shakes, nausea, vomitting..... and that was only after 2 days, she didn't even complete the full 5-7 days and said it was an absolute waste of money.....The fact that the drink is spicy is what is supposedly meant to "kick start" your metabolism - for my sister it kick started her bowels, in the wrong way!