Thread: Lose weight then tone?

Enchanted Guest

Question Lose weight then tone?

Hi everyone!

I have just started walking to get all this horrible weight off me. I need to lose around 15kgs though so I am wondering if I should lose the weight first then start to tone up or should I do both at once?

I am walking 3-4 days a week for an hour at a time at the moment so I am thinking maybe I should do my toning dvd the days that I am not walking?

Can someone me please?! TIA

i would do them both at the same time if it were me, for a couple of reasons:

1 - you dont want to lose muscle tone while you are losing weight
    2 - it can help prevent or reduce any skin elasticity problems - i.e less likely to have loose skin after weightloss.

Hi there
    After discussions with a personal trainer at my gym on the same point, I agree with rayray, both at the same time, toning/building muscle helps your metabolism to get moving which in turn helps your body to burn fat!
    Even only do your toning dvd/weights once a week?
    May the force be with you!
    Cheers
    Belinda.

Definatly do both from the start.
    Like bb77 said, your body needs energy to work the muscle's and the more muscle's you have, the more energy you need, the quicker you will lose weight
    And Rayray has a very good point about the saggy skin and muscle tone
    I think if you do cardio one day and toning the next, you should see some pretty good results. Try not to walk to quickly. Even pace, so that you can keep up a conversation.
    You can always try walking with wrist/ankle weights, just to help the toning along, or even try jogging for a minute and then walking for five and then jogging again, to burn more fat.