Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid Year Body Transformation Challenge Last Week!!!!

Default Mid Year Body Transformation Challenge Last Week!!!!

How does the Mid Year Body Transformation Challenge 2009 Work?

The challenge is split into two parts:
    1. Percentage of weight lost
    2. Total centimetres lost
    3.This challenge will run for 12 weeks.

So we are looking at a challenge to shed unwanted weight, but also to gain some fitness: the best way to lose cms is to exercise!

What do you need to do:
    1. Get motivated and have a plan!
    2. Get yourselves your bathroom scales and tape measure ready!
    3. PM or email me your current weight and measurements. (Please note that these will be 100% confidential.)
    3. Start eating healthily and taking more exercise
    4. Watch the results come in.....

Results will be posted weekly, on a Wednesday. All of your weight and measurement figures need to be pm'd or emailed to me by Tuesday night to be included. Actual weight and measurements will not be posted. I will only post weight, %'s and cm's lost.

Please weigh yourself in KG's, and measure, in cm's, bust, waist and hips. (So you will be sending me 4 figures each week) When you email me, please remember to let me know your username!

There is no set 'diet' for this challenge - just do whatever plan or diet works best for you. Some will perfer a set diet or plan, others will prefer healthy eating and cutting out the junk.

Each week your results will be added to this post and this will be carried over to each new thread that is started.

week 1 - week 2 - week 3 - week 4 - week 5 - week 6 - week 7 - week 8 - week 9 - week 10

Username: ktgirl
    Percentage lost: 1 - 1 - 0 - 0 - 0
    Centimeters lost: 2 - 1 - 1 - 0 - 0

Username: Jaspen
    Percentage lost: 2 - 0
    Centimeters lost: 1 - 1

Username: *Ali*
    Percentage lost: 0 - 1 - 1
    Centimeters lost: 4 - 0 - 1

Username: Turkish Delight
    Percentage lost: 1 - 0 - 2 - 0 - 0
    Centimeters lost: 4 - 0 - 0 - 9 - 8

Username: Vixstar
    Percentage lost: 0 - 1 - 0 - 1
    Centimeters lost: 1 - 0.5 - 0 - 1.5

Username: Pip
    Percentage lost: 2
    Centimeters lost: 3.5

Username: Krysalyss
    Percentage lost: 0 - 2 - 2 - 0 - 2 - 2 - 1
    Centimeters lost: 2.5 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 3 - 0 - 1

Username: AmandaJ
    Percentage lost: 0 - 2 - 0
    Centimeters lost: 1.5 - 0.5 - 1

Username: Muppity
    Percentage lost: 2 - 0 - 1
    Centimeters lost: 2 - 0 - 5

Username: Ammaki
    Percentage lost: 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 4 - 0 - 0
    Centimeters lost: 3 - 0 - 2.5 - 2.5 - 3 - 0 - 1.5 - 2.5

Username: Nai
    Percentage lost: 0 - 0 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 0
    Centimeters lost: 2 - 2 - 0 - 2 -1 - 1

Username: Cookiemonster
    Percentage lost: 0 - 0 - 2 - 2
    Centimeters lost: 2 - 4 - 0 - 2

Username: IsabelB
    Percentage lost: 0
    Centimeters lost: 7

Username: sas85
    Percentage lost: 2 - 0 - 1 - 0 - 2 - 0 - 0
    Centimeters lost: 1 - 1 - 2 - 1 - 0 - 2 - 0

Username: Cherished1
    Percentage lost: 0
    Centimeters lost: 1

Username: Kazbah
    Percentage lost: 1 - 0
    Centimeters lost: 0 - 1

Username: Kelebek (njd)
    Percentage lost: 2 - 0
    Centimeters lost: 5 - 1

Username: Belfie
    Percentage lost: 0 - 0 - 2 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0
    Centimeters lost: 1 - 0 - 2 - 0 - 1 - 0 - 1

Username: Trillian
    Percentage lost: 0 - 0 - 0 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 0 - 1 - 0 - 0
    Centimeters lost: 2 - 1 - 0 - 2 - 1 - 1 - 0 - 0 - 0 - 0

Username: Kas
    Percentage lost: 0 - 0
    Centimeters lost: 0.5 - 0

Username: Aliash
    Percentage lost:
    Centimeters lost:

Username: Blackduckies
    Percentage lost: 2 - 0 - 0 - 0
    Centimeters lost: 1 - 0 - 1.5 - 0

Last edited by Trillian; July 17th, 2009 at 10:01 PM.

Hi everyone and welcome to a brand new week! The challenge for this fortnight is eating out and about and how you can make changes to what you eat when you are so you don't sacrifice all the good work you have been doing. Go for a skim milk coffee over regular milk, or only go out food shopping once you've eaten and avoid hunger-driven temptation and purchases.

Thanks Trill.

I usually have a "skinny" coffee when i go out. Not only am i watching out for the calories but i also am lactose intolerant and find that skinny milk is not as harsh on my tummy as full cream.

I posted yesterday (i think) that a regular sized skinny caramel latte from gloria jeans has 177 calories. I couldn't believe it

Hi guys! So proud of how we are all doing.
    Well I gave myelf a day off yesterday where I didn't count any calories or do any extra exercise. Didn't go over the top though but probably went a little bit over my normal limits. Had some home-made vege pizza at lunch and a vege burger for dinner and half a milky way with my coffee for dessert. Feeling good today and have planned my meals. Have gone for a walk with my dog and am about to ride to work so that is my exercise.
    We are usually big eat-out/takeaway people. On Sunday we went to Sizzler and I was very good (for me!) I had the tomato vegetarian pasta with no cheese. One bite of a cheese toast (each slice has 10g of fat!). Had big salad. One dinner roll with a smidgeon of butter. 3 potato skins (I used to have three serves!) Some fruit. plus a small bowl of ice-cream with a bit of topping (I used to have two serves!). But DS ate about a third of that anyway. Last week we went out for Thai and I had a bite of pad thai (my favourite) but mostly just some vege tom yum soup. Monday morning we went out for breakfast and I got a vege big breakfast which I ended up sharing with DS and DH. I had a skinny cappucino, one egg, baked beans, one slice of toast, a bite of hash brown, and tomato. Often when we go for breaky I just have toast with avo and mushrooms. I used to have this awesome vege dish of mushrooms, semi-dried tomato, toast, poached egg and hollandaise. But the hollandaise is such a killer.
    One pet peeve of mine though is I love soy milk in my coffee but when you go out noone has soy light milk so I either have to have full fat soy or light cows milk. I know - picky picky.

Also thought I would add when I go to mothers group there is usually lots of yummy cakes etc. This time I made sure I had fruit with me plus water so I wouldn't feel tempted. Also made sure I didn't sit right in front of the food - too much temptation then.

LOL.

Seems like i was not the only one who had a "day off" yesterday!

I was good during the day, ate properly. Got home, changed into "home" clothes and was going to go to the gym later in the evening when DH said, don't go tonight and i gave in. Told him that i felt like eating junk tonight and he loves junk, so we did. He went and bought kebabs and some Turkish pizza. I only ate 1/4 of my kebab and may be 2-3 small slices of Turkish pizza (it virtually has no base, it is sooooo thin, like a pita bread base but even thinner!). I just couldn't eat it, i was full already. But... I did have 2.5 rows of white chocolate, a small slice of white mud cake, some pretzels, chips and a large kit kat. I thought, if i don't have a junk food night, then one day i will just binge all day on this crap. So, i felt good about eating it.

I have an assessment at the gym tonight. So looking forward to a new program. back into the hard work.

Eating out is hard and am really afraid of going overboard as i can't stop myself to eating a small portion of the plate etc.. if it's there i'm gonna have to eat all of it!

Hope you are feeling better Amy

hey everyone,

I'd better post in the thread so I keep motivated! Great hearing about your days. I've been a bit less good today but just busy busy and I'm about to pack up 3 bookcases worth of books, I'm sure that'll burn some calories! I keep forgetting to wear my pedometer... mebbe tomorrow so saying, I'm happy cos even after being MIA for a few weeks I've lost 1cm and 100gm lol! Better than nothing

We've also just given away FOUR garbage bags worth of clothes... hmm size 6 through 16 plus a PG does give you a varied wardrobe... finally said goodbye to some size 8's that I should have given up years ago - even if I lost weight I wouldn't look right at that size anymore.

krysalyss - i hear you on the light soy versus full. I'm wheat-free and a heap of other things, too often it means there is only ONE thing on the menu I can eat, much less thinking about what is healthy or not!

TD - you're an inspiration, you have your "human" days and you're still progressing steadily towards your goals! GL with the assessment.

Hi to everyone else, hope you're going well!

Okie dokie kids back at work, not vomiting anymore but now i have severe period pain aaahhh stupid AF!!

Had a HUGE weightloss due to sickness (no cms tho) so fully expecting a gain this week lol.

Hope everyone is going well!

Great to hear that things are back on track Amy. I was secretly wishing that you were pregnant. Darn AF. I hope the weight/fluid loss doesn't come back and it remains as a loss.

Belfie - Thanks for compliment. I hope i can be an inspiration to others with this battle. There are days where i feel like a complete failure, and days so-so and some days where i feel absolutely awesome. However, when i look in the mirror, i still see the old "me". i don't know how i am going to change my thinking though. I have to remind myself that i wear a size 10, so i must be skinny, but the mirror still shows me as a size 16. i don't know. This has always been my problem, even when i was a size 6, i was still fat. I guess being fat your whole life, you can't seem to get your mind around that you are now skinny IYKWIM??? I have this big lower belly, which is daunting and won't budge. Aaaaarggghhhhh. I have to stop before i get myself tangled in all these negative thoughts.

You know how i said that some days i felt like a complete failure... well i was reading in Slimming and Health mag inspiration IRL stories about people losing weight and was thinking that it has taken me 18 months to shed 16kgs, and these people can lose 50kgs in 2 years. How can that be??

Oh well, enough rambling i guess....

you and me both Turkish!!

So i get back to work today after 2 days off sick, DP calls me at 9am from his work asking me to take him to the docs as he has cut his finger (he's a butcher) so i get there and he has cut the top of his left pointer finger off ... go to the closest doctors they wouldnt see him sent us to emergency...went to emergency and the lady had a polite go at DP for putting a glove on it as the glove filled with blood and made a terrible mess, she then sent us to their 2nd ER which is for injuries or something, 90 minutes later we get a bed (not that he really needed one) and a doctor, the doctor starts to clean it up and gets DP to put pressure on it to stop the bleeding, still bled for a while, an hour later when he was meant to be checked a little girl came in who jambed her finger in a door and ripped the nail off comes in and due to lack of beds (again not like DP needed it & kids get priority) he got kicked out of the room and got treated in the waiting room lol. So four hours after initially cutting his finger he had it bandaged and we were out the door lol. So im back at work at 2pm meaning i will have worked at total of 3 and a half hours at the end of the day haha

...drama

Oh that poor little girl was happy as larry once they put her on the gas, poor thing!

How much of the top of his finger did he cut off? I hope only a little bit since they didn't reattach it! ER's do suck a lot.

everybody! Well I flew back in from Cairns from 27 degree beautiful sunshine to 14 degree cold raining Sydney yesterday - that was a rude shock to the system. Am happy to be back though - DD did NOT sleep through the night up there, I functioned on about 5 hours of sleep each night, twas like having a newborn again. Aaaah the food, we went to this incredible greek restaurant one night and had a banquet to die for, sigh. I really tried to be good(ish) considering we on holidays and sooo easy to totally blow out - I went to the little gym a couple of times, and swam and walked everywhere so the naughty bits of food I did have would be counteracted. Tried to order the better dishes, salads, vegetarian pastas, kebabs, salad sandwiches instead of fish and chips, and all the yummyness available so think I did ok. Weighed myself this morning (though I did eat brekky first and drink - forgot to weigh self before that which usually do) and have lost 200gms still - so I am just soo chuffed that wasn't a gain. Hoping to lose 500gm this week.

Good job on the loss sas! Especially since you were on holidays, i bet DD will sleep better in her own bed tonight!!

Yeah was just a little bit, i took a photo of it if you would like to see haha. Not much else to do sitting in the ER for 4 hours lol

Sas - your holiday sounds awesome. I can't wait to go to Cairns. Where was the greek restaurant?
    Amy - Your poor DH! Hope he heals nice and quick.

I started Weight watchers on Monday and have been tracking really well. They have the breastfeeding program so I will see how it goes. I must say that I feel better already and writing down everything that I am eating is really making me accountable for what goes into my mouth!

So far this week I have run 4km at the gym, been to mum & bub pilates and walked for an hour pushing the pram. I'm going to the gym tomorrow as well so will do another run.

Hopefully that means I will see results when I weigh in on Monday...

Hey Krysalus - I can't remember the street the greek restaurant Athenia's I think it was called was on, but it was the main one that leads from the Esplanade up to the Coles end of the Big Cairns Central Shopping Centre. You will love the Esplanade - it is made for young families, there is the most incredible park along the footpath- it is huge - and in the centre is this outdoor swimming pools/fountains which has lifeguards and everything. Yeah, if their summmer wasn't so damn hot I would consider moving there just for the skipping of a real winter.

Well, I have massive cleaning duties today so am going to have to make a concertedc effort at still exercising and also avoiding a cheesecake I baked for a dinner party we are going to tonight. Eeeek.

Hi guys. Just a quick one as we are about to watch a movie. Have been doing well. Really happy with Calorie King as it lets me know exactly where I am. Today I have had such a good day I even have fat/calories left for hot chips. Ironically don't really feel like them today ha ha! But feel I should make an effort for my calories etc to be higher as it seems really low. Usually I easily hit my fat target but struggle with my calories. Anyway what nice thing can I have tonight for the movie?
    Think I have lost a little as my weight was a bit down when I snuck in a weigh today even though it was afternoon. Fingers crossed!
    Anyway hope you are all well!

Hi everyone. Had a bit of a minor blowout today. Went and had a coffee at the work cafe and a friend paid. I ordered a skinny capp but when it came they only had full cream so I didn't want to say no then. Plus I had hazelnuts on my breakie before counting it up and it came to heaps! I also had pistachios but they were nothing in comparison. Hmmm. Didn't expect that. Then I had falafel kebab for lunch and that was quite hefty too. I haven't gone over my limits yet but it does leave it a bit tight for dinner. I hate those unexpected ones that you don't think of.
    My news today is that I am the lightest I have been since DS. When he was about 10 months I got down to this but didn't keep it up and piled on the weight (plus more!) so it is good to be there again and still feeling motivated. Looking forward to weigh-in on my work scales tomorrow though. Hoping for about a kg as when I peeked the other day I seemed to be down. See you all tomorrow!

Good job krys!! I peeked this morning and ive only put on 600gm from the weight i lost whilst sick, i think it worked out like 4.5kg so i was pretty impressed! Just gotta keep it off now!

Well done Krys and Ammaki!!! Krys - Well, you may have had a some unintended calories but at least they weren't empty calories - everything you described is nutritionally really good for you. Have started using the calories king website for me and DH, I have been a human calorie calculator for years now but DH has NO idea and has put me in charge of his daily calorie allotment so thought I would do it the techy way, is a bit time consuming getting it all set up with favourite foods etc, I assume/hope it will be a lot quicker to input daily food diary once have done that!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast