Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid Year Body Transformation Challenge weeks 3 and 4

Default Mid Year Body Transformation Challenge weeks 3 and 4

How does the Mid Year Body Transformation Challenge 2009 Work?

The challenge is split into two parts:
    1. Percentage of weight lost
    2. Total centimetres lost
    3.This challenge will run for 12 weeks.

So we are looking at a challenge to shed unwanted weight, but also to gain some fitness: the best way to lose cms is to exercise!

What do you need to do:
    1. Get motivated and have a plan!
    2. Get yourselves your bathroom scales and tape measure ready!
    3. PM or email me your current weight and measurements. (Please note that these will be 100% confidential.)
    3. Start eating healthily and taking more exercise
    4. Watch the results come in.....

Results will be posted weekly, on a Wednesday. All of your weight and measurement figures need to be pm'd or emailed to me by Tuesday night to be included. Actual weight and measurements will not be posted. I will only post weight, %'s and cm's lost.

Please weigh yourself in KG's, and measure, in cm's, bust, waist and hips. (So you will be sending me 4 figures each week) When you email me, please remember to let me know your username!

There is no set 'diet' for this challenge - just do whatever plan or diet works best for you. Some will perfer a set diet or plan, others will prefer healthy eating and cutting out the junk.

Each week your results will be added to this post and this will be carried over to each new thread that is started.

week 1 - week 2 - week 3

Username: ktgirl
    Percentage lost: 1 - 1 - 0
    Centimeters lost: 2 - 1 - 1

Username: Jaspen
    Percentage lost: 2 - 0
    Centimeters lost: 1 - 1

Username: *Ali*
    Percentage lost: 0 - 1
    Centimeters lost: 4 - 0

Username: Turkish Delight
    Percentage lost: 1 - 0 - 2
    Centimeters lost: 4 - 0 - 0

Username: Vixstar
    Percentage lost: 0 - 1 - 0
    Centimeters lost: 1 - 0.5 - 0

Username: Pip
    Percentage lost: 2
    Centimeters lost: 3.5

Username: Krysalyss
    Percentage lost: 0 - 2
    Centimeters lost: 2.5 - 1

Username: AmandaJ
    Percentage lost: 0 - 2 - 0
    Centimeters lost: 1.5 - 0.5 - 1

Username: Muppity
    Percentage lost: 2 - 0 - 1
    Centimeters lost: 2 - 0 - 5

Username: aamy4
    Percentage lost: 0 - 0 - 0
    Centimeters lost: 3 - 0 - 2.5

Username: Nai
    Percentage lost: 0 - 0
    Centimeters lost: 2 - 2

Username: Cookiemonster
    Percentage lost: 0 - 0 - 2
    Centimeters lost: 2 - 4 - 0

Username: IsabelB
    Percentage lost: 0
    Centimeters lost: 7

Username: sas85
    Centimeters lost: 1 - 1

Username: Cherished1
    Percentage lost: 0
    Centimeters lost: 1

Username: Kazbah
    Percentage lost: 1 - 0
    Centimeters lost: 0 - 1

Username: Kelebek (njd)
    Centimeters lost: 5 - 1

Username: Belfie
    Percentage lost: 0 - 0 - 2
    Centimeters lost: 1 - 0 - 2

Username: Trillian
    Percentage lost: 0 - 0 - 0
    Centimeters lost: 2 - 1 - 0

Username: Kas
    Percentage lost: 0 -0
    Centimeters lost: 0.5 -0

Username: Aliash
    Percentage lost:
    Centimeters lost:

Last edited by Trillian; June 1st, 2009 at 09:47 AM.

OK, this weeks challenge is how to exercise without leaving the home. I noticed that quite a few of you were unable to get out to do your normal exercise, so take this week to think about creative ways to make up for being house bound. I know some of you have Wii Fit, but for those of you that don't, other ways could be putting on a wiggles or hi-5 or some other all singing-all dancing DVD or even just music and having a boogie, or doing as much walking around the house as you can to do things - don't bundle up all the toys to put away in one go - take them one by one, things like that. When did WW years ago I know a woman who used to use soup cans as hand weights and just did repetitions with them - so anything can be used as a tool to help you. It may not make up for the 40min power walk etc, but it will still keep you active enough that you feel like you are actually doing something kwim?

Today I am going to ride to work and then in the afternoon I am going to take DS to the park for a run around. I am going to have vege soup for lunch and will not encourage DH that we need to get takeaway or eat out for dinner. Good luck for the next week girls. It is so god to be home. Waking up in your own bed is the nicest thing in the world.

Oh I agree! There is nothing like that first sleep in your own bed after being away from it.

I likey the new challenge Trill, although i have a wii fit haha. I think taking grocery bags in one in each hand at a time is a good work out

Wow AF likes to hang around you cookie! She only ever visits me for around 3-4 days at a time!

Good job on the weight loss AmandaJ! Sorry to hear your DH is ill. My DP has the flu too, did you see in the news a few weeks ago they were calling it the 'man flu' or something because apparently they get it worse than us ladies as they have a weeker immune system or something like that, lol gives DP an excuse to milk it more lol

Lol good work out belfie, definately burned some calories there!!

Got all my limbs crossed for you cherished!!

AFM Netball tonight; cant wait hehe. NO exercise last night although i Wiid for 20 mins or so in the morning; had garlic and basic chicken with corn peas and broccli so i think that wasnt too bad on the unhealthy scale

Emailed my results to Trillian this morning. Lost .9 so was happy with that. Worked really hard at bootcamp again this morning, but my legs are feeling a bit sore now.

It must be the time for AF at the moment because she is visiting me as well so I was a bit of an emotional mess yesterday, glad I am feeling better today, I hate PMS

Cherished I have everything crossed for you. Stay away AF

Aamy Have fun at netball tonight. Hope you win!!

Krysalyss I bet you are glad to be home!! Enjoy your play in the park with your DS.

Trillian Love the new challenge. I always find on a day that I have to do the housework I really get into it. I do it as fast as I can and find that you really end up sweating the calories out.

Have a good day everyone!!

Good Morning!

I like the new challenge! Very practicalesp this week with the wet weather wehave forecast.Hate rain! lol

The rain has stopped for a bit and I would love to go for a walk but the boys have been sick. DS#1 has a chesty cough and rather wheezy and the youngest has greem worms the length of my arm every time I look at him. Surehates me wiping his snoz now! lol

The 3 of us just had fruit salad with yoghurt for morning tea. DS#1 is eating like a sparow these days and I am worried as he is tall and lean but has undies that are loose on him now...only a few weeks ago and I thought he needed the next size up. I was explaining to him that good food like fruit,vegies, meat and fish etc help our bodies keep playing and growing, milk looks after our teeth and bones and water helps keep our wee and poo (tmi - lol) healthy. He asked for juice and I said it was a sometimes food. He has 1/3 cup each morning or with morning tea and the rest of the day is milk and water...but he asks just in case I give in I think. I told him juice sticks to our teeth and makes our smile yukky. Anyways.....it got me to thinking about the healthy food pyramid. I am going to print our cartoonish pictures of fruit and vegies etc off clip art, laminate them and put them up around the kitchen! Thekithen is the hub of our home and so apart formit being a place to hang as a family I want it to be a healthy place iykwim.

Well, I did make a loss in wk 2...just waiting on the results now. Keep up the work girls and lets keep encouraging each other!

WTG!!!!

xxxx

Has anyone read AJ Rochesters book?
    A lazy girls guide to dieting is what it is called I think....

SugarDust Guest

Welll Having my bros Wii Fit is helping did 45 mins doing the step challenge and trying to beat my DFs step score

Arrgh DD1 has given me her cold so I am going to struggle this week but will try to eat less to make up for the lack of exercise I will be getting. That vegie soup sounds like a perfect idea Krysalyss - I might join you on that one!

Hi!!!

Well, I didn't lose any weight! (Well 50g but I keep to 100g roundings) But am happy because I stopped my motillium last week (cold turkey too, ran out over weekend no doctor couldn't find my prescription) and instantly bloated up with fluid can feel the change in my hormone levels, wouldn't be suprised if AF makes its return soon. So I put on 400g mid-week and was all mopey and depressed, but lost it - so am happy I guess because it means that last weeks big loss was a real loss and not just fluid because I was sick. hoping for at least 300g this week, hopefully 800g if I'm all out.

This weeks challenge sounds great as it rained most of the week! I don't have a Wii but I can highly recommend the Jillian Biggest Winner DVD's (From biggest loser) they're not really annoying like so many excercise DVD's and it's good HARD excercise for about 20minutes. I lose a lot of weight using them pre-pregnancy and must get back into them.

For last weeks challenge - I can recommend a tasty low fat lasagne. Instead of using butter and flour, and parmesan to make Bechamel sauce - heat the skim milk, then whisk in cornflour which has been dissolved in a little bit of milk till thick (like you would custard) then add your low fat tasty cheese, nutmeg and seasoning. Use 5 star mince in the bolognese and bulk up with grated carrots & zucchini, and if you want a low carb version (which I guess is more of a moussaka), bake thin slices of eggplant in the oven first (with a little spray oil and salt) and use that to layer instead of noodles.

Vix - The lazy girls guide to losing weight and getting fit. With a cupcake on the front cover.
    I started reading it and then watched her host BL season 1 and stopped. Everything I had started reading from the book was so contrary to BL. I should have had the sense to realise yeah der people sell out to become rich celebs all the time, but still....
    I really like the idea of your healthy cartoon pyramid. Good on you! Sounds like you are totally on the right track

Aamy4 - me too normally, but first time with implanon... i am hoping it doesn't stay this way. So glad you are loving your Wii!

Sas- You are sounding really positive, keep it up! Love reading your posts they make me want to get out there!

Sorry to hear there is more sickness and AF hanging around. It's a pity really as AF is a good time to lose weight we just feel utterly awful at the time so exercise never seems to be on the cards.

My tip for housebound exercise is: SKIPPING. Skipping ropes come really cheap and target, kmart wherever (mine cost me a whole $3!) and you can make it a slow, light intensity with a one step (or hop skip or whatever you want to call it) or two feet with a bounce in between or just jump jump jump.
    It reeeea-allly takes it out of me and is hard to do with toddler toddling around but I can do it in short bursts several times a day instead of trying to fit in one long session etc.

I am also an around-the-house-dancer - and my toddler loves dancing with me (i got him on cam rocking out to P!nk with me the other day ) I also have a pair pf 1.5kg weights that I try and use as when I am walking and pushing the pram there is no opportunity to tone and move the arms. So the weights are supposed to be for that!

Well I didnt get to ride to work so I rode to the park instead. It was a pretty good workout with the extra 15kg of DS on the front. Am about to call my friend so will walk up and down the length of the house till the call is finished. She is a good talker so fingers crossed she is home. Had the vege soup for dinner and a sandwich for lunch. Restricted myself to one small anzac bikkie at MT time so not too bad there either.
    Feel like fatty fried food but will stick to my peppermint tea as I have a mouth ulcer anyway - ouch!
    See you all tomorrow!

I submitted my measurements a bit late I think. ... doh

Have been very good with my diet, other than the wine

Well done girls, keep at it!

I am still confused by the measurement records... but have my own records to reflect on so i guess that is all that matters

I have updated the first post with all the results I was sent. Yesterday afternoon turned into absolute mayhem around here LOL so I didn't get back to it last night. Everyone is doing so well - on the spreadsheet i have with all your measurements each week are showing change already and that's fantastic! The wl % calculators don't show up anything smaller than a 1kg loss, so that's why there are so many 0's for % lost in the first post, but when the challenge is over, I will email to you all your weekly results in a graph so you can see just how great a job you are all doing.

Hi ya girls.

There seems to be some great weightloss happening.

I have been really good with my diet and fitness since Monday, and i hopped on the scales this morning (yes,i do weigh myself everyday) and saw a 1 kg drop. I was sooooooo proud, the effort is paying off. I took out the tape measure last night and thought i'd do a measure... i lost approx. 5cm off my a*se. Woo-hoo. I hope i can keep to being good over the weekend as that is usually when the fat demons come calling.

All my sugar cravings last weekend had AF rear its ugly head this morning.

Yesterday, i was at the gym from 3.30pm til 6pm. I did my workout regime and an extra 25 mins walking at 6.2kph and spent 475 calories! I then did 30mins abs workout class and i was off home. I felt fantastic. Tonight i have a 60mins fat burner class on top of my 1hr30mins workout regime. On Tuesday night i jogged for 28 mins, the most that i have ever. It was bloody hard though.

I will lose the most percentage this week... Challenge me if you dare!

That was for motivational purposes!

Melaniekate - that step chalenge is a doozy! Love it. The hoola hoop one is a good one too..great for the waist line!

GTG.......must move more today!

xxxx

Turkish - Woman . . you are a machine!!! Today I jogged (downhill) 3 blocks and got such a stitch from the pounding I had to stop and walk the rest of the way. BWA HA HA HA!! I read somewhere that you burn the same amount of calories over distance whether you walk or jog though so am not too concerned as would have done the same route anyway, BUT if I could jog solidly I would be able to go twice as far wouldn't I, so want to be able to do that. Gonna have to get a better bra if I want to be able to do that, these stupid crop tops are made for women with small, hard, perky boobs. I feel like I might knock myself in the chin with the ladies as I run.

Trill - Thanks for the update, sorry we all make extra work for you. I think the confusing part is the cm's lost rather than the % rounding as doesn't seem to be actual numbers of what people lost so unless it's a average of % of CM there must have been some kind of equation error.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast