Thread: Slowly Slowly Losing Weight And Quite Chuffed

Default Slowly Slowly Losing Weight And Quite Chuffed

This might not seem like much to woo hoo about but I'm quite chuffed because I am slowly, slowly losing weight even if it is small amounts.

I was 74.5kg when I got pregnant with DD and started being sensible. Drastically cut down on alcohol (obviously) and was a bit more sensible about portion sizes. So put on 6kg in total by the end.

Went down to about 72kg immediately afterwards but spent most of the following year hovering at about 71kg. I couldn't exercise much because of dodgy pelvis so I decided to virtually cut out alcohol altogether and reduce portion sizes again.

Now I'm 69.2kg - it has taken me about 5 weeks to lose a kilo but hey, I figure baby steps and if I carry on being sensible I can keep gradually losing weight and by this time next year I could be down to 65kg(ish).

It's just great to have little goals and to keep reaching them even if it does take a long time!

Well done Fiona.

Any loss is better than a gain - and slow and steady is the best way to keep it off.

Congrats on the weight loss. Any loss still counts as a loss so well done.

Hey congrats!

Thats is great Fiona! Every kilo counts

Thanks girls! I think I'm especially chuffed because I feel like I've made the mythical lifestyle changes rather than put myself on a short-term diet and I really feel like I'm totally in tune with my body now. I weigh myself every morning and I think that has really helped me to understand what makes me put on weight and what makes me lose weight.

For instance, I know if I've had no exercise and have a couple of glasses of wine with dinner, I won't lose any weight the next day. If I have sensible portions and no wine, I lose weight. If I've been for a big walk that day, then I can decide whether to have a bigger portion or a couple of glasses of wine that night and see my weight stay the same or I can say "no, I'd prefer to see a 300g loss tomorrow". I don't deny myself anything - still have chocolate when I feel like it, don't have low fat anything, still have the odd cake. Basically, I'm not "on a diet", I can keep going like this forever.