Thread: Thunder Thighs

Default Thunder Thighs

OK, so I have enormous thighs. Huge. There are tree trunks that are smaller than my upper legs. Over the last 3 years, I have lost about 20kg. Most of this seems to have gone from my waist, my calves, and maybe a little from my thighs, but really not much. They are huge. The rest of me is a 12, but my thighs are more than happy in a 16, or a big 14.

I currently cycle (on real roads with big hills) 30km a day, swim 2km twice a week, but that's it.

What should I do next?

What can I do to rein in these enormous (like, really, bigger than some European nations) things on the lower half of my body?

Hmmm not sure what u can do - but ur not alone! i too have thunder thighs!

Hmmm not sure what u can do - but ur not alone! i too have thunder thighs!

We could start a club....

But that doesn't solve the issue. For now I hide them under dresses and skirts, so Brisbane life is good to me in that regard! But I want them GONE!

Squats and lunges while holding hand weights - and LOTS OF THEM!!!

I'm in the process of trying to lose mine. I am a 10/12 on top and a 14 on the bottom. Squats BURN but they really do work! I try to do at least 50 squats and 50 lunges on each leg a day while holding 3-5kg in each hand. I'm going to up it to 100 a day though.

It gets easier after the first session!

Oh and a really good class is Spin - lots of leg work and cardio.

I could join that club too lol. My waist is one size, but my hips/thighs are a size bigger!

Nic

Quote Originally Posted by nic View Post
    I could join that club too lol. My waist is one size, but my hips/thighs are a size bigger!

Nic
    i second that

lots of fat burning and sculpting excersises ! but i can be arsed do that so i do aqua areobics !!!

perfect resistance and its fun ! its great for toning the body

i have little muscle tone .. i am wobbly all over nice and squishy ... but im a 10 /12 size .. i hate being this size and wobbly ..

sometimes i see bigger girls with "firm" fat and it suits them , they dont wobble ..

but i wobble everywhere *sigh*

Hmmmm.... and where shall this club meet? Most certainly not in a pair of stovepipe jeans!

So what sort of squats and lunges?

I think a spin class is not really a winner as I am already cycling for 90 mins a day, so I'm getting most of that sort of work out already.
    I used to do aquarobics when I lived in Melbourne, and I looked fab when I did it, but haven't found a good class up here in Vegas. Any ideas on how to find one?

I do my squats with an exercise ball. I put the ball against a wall and lean into with my back it while I squat. It takes the pressure off my lower back.

With the lunges, I just hold the hand weights and do them as normal, alternating between each leg.

I am in this club too! I have always had big thighs, ever since I can remember and big calves as well. I hate my legs so much I always cover them up even if it is hot, you will never find me in shorts! I will compromise with 3/4 pants!

where abouts in brissy are you snuggly??

maz is joining in

but I dont have thunder thighs...i have tank arse!!!

Ive started walking again today...Im sore and I got a stitch (omg how unfit am I) but I will get up and do it again tomorrow!!!!

a pedometer is awesome too !! aim for 10 000 steps a day and youll be walking fit in NO time

making up the steps is easy .. walk on the spot when cooking / washing up etc or when your hanging out the clothes ..

Maz - I find I get stitches if I drink too much water before I go, and if I drink too much while I am walking. Not sure if that is what happened with you but my solution is to take small sips every minute or so rather than gulping water down. I haven't had a stitch since.

i didnt take any water...i think Ijust got carried away and went a little to fast for my first atempt...but will keep in mind...small sips, for when I do take water

thanks hon :

Also, the timing of your meals can cause stitches.

I always go either first thing in the morning, before breakfast or in the evening before dinner. You can push yourself just that little bit harder (and less painfully) when you don't have a full belly.

I live in the Gabba, but work in the SW suburbs (hence the 15km each way commute by bike)

Thinking about running... Maybe it will work? And I can build in some lunges?