Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Ferguson Weigh Loss Chatter #3

Default Tony Ferguson Weigh Loss Chatter #3

Wishing you all much success as you work towards your weight loss goals!

To be added to the below list, please email or PM your details to
    Cailin - [email protected] - Administrator
    Ambah - [email protected] - Senior Moderator
    Sherie - [email protected] - Senior Moderator
    Shannon - [email protected] - Moderator

Your last thread can be found here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Who's on Tony Ferguson & Fave Flavours

Jelvie
    Since: On and off 2 weeks, starting again today 30th July
    Tried: Chocolate, Vanilla
    Loves: Chocolate, Vanilla
    Loathes: None as yet
    Tips: Lots of water
    Kilos Lost to Date: 4kg

rayray
    Since: 14/07/2007
    Tried: Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberries & Cream, Mango, Cafe Latte, Mocha, English Toffee, Banana and all of the soups.
    Loves: Strawberries & Cream, Banana, and Asian Curry Soup are my favourites - but I love most of them.
    Loathes: Chicken Soup
    Tips: FIBRE, FIBRE, FIBRE

BellyBelly
    Since: Back on deck after weaning! 15th Nov 2007.
    Tried: Vanilla, Strawberries & Cream, Banana, Wildberry, Chocolate, Mango, Roast Pumpkin Soup, Cream of Chicken Soup
    Loves: Vanilla, Strawberries & Cream, Banana, Wildberry, Chocolate (my fave when it's hot too), Roast Pumpkin Soup
    Loathes: None as yet
    Tips: Benefiber is a great option for your fibre supplement, easy to take. To make smooth hot drinks, like soup and hot chocolate, use 100ml of cold water, shake, then add 100mls of boiling water. No lumps!

Hollybolly
    Since: 3/8/2007.
    Tried: Chocolate, French Vanilla, Caffe Latte,Wildberry, Asian Curry, Roast Pumpkin, Field Mushroom, Chicken.
    Dislikes: Wildberry
    Tips: Lots of water keeps you from getting hungry, but drink the majority of it before 4pm to save being on the toilet all night!
    Kilos lost to date: Weigh in on Friday!

Last edited by BellyBelly; August 19th, 2008 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Adding details

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Whats happened to our tickers?! Argh!

We went out for dinner tonight because I was exhausted after seeing 3 clients. We went for greek, we were very close to our fave greek restaurant, so we could have meat and seafood. We had pickled octupus, calamari, lamb and saganaki. Probably blew the allowances a bit but my excuse is I am breastfeeding hahahah Back on deck tomorrow - weigh in day too!!! Oops! I think I might have put it all back on!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

what does the wildberry taste like, I've been too scared to try it

Not bad... not my fave but fine. Have been experimenting here too, but having hot chocolates every morning
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

Okay worked it out, need all of your ticker links again everyone - when the info was pasted over, the code wasn't pasted only properly, only the text... so please post it here or email me and I will fix it.
    Kelly xx

i've emailed mine.

Well it's weigh in day, John has lost 2.5 and I have lost 1.4 (doing a modified version) so we are both happy. We know it will be some time before we get to goal but we'd rather do it the right way and lose genuine weight. John has also quit smoking

ETA: Just had a hot french vanilla - YUM!
    Last edited by BellyBelly; August 6th, 2007 at 09:49 AM.
    Kelly xx

what does the french vanilla taste like hot?

Congratulations to you both Kelly, thats great

Man, I've just read the directions on the benefiber again, no wonder I have been suffering so much, I misread tablespoon as teaspoon, and have been having about 1/3 to 1/2 of the fibre I should be!

Hmm will try the correct doseage this week and see if there is a difference!

LOL Rach!!!

I am not sure what it was like warm, kinda like a hot white chocolate I guess? Just nice to have it warm on a cold morning
    Kelly xx

Just had a hot vanilla shake for breakfast - awesome! Thanks Kelly. It tastes like custard

Can my profile at the top be updated to add 'Tomato soup' to the flavours tried, but not to the liked or loathed. It was a bit icky for me, I think I will stick to curry, pumpkin and mushroom.

Glad you liked it I am going to run out of my faves, keep having a hot chocolate for brekkie which is yummo and a soup for lunch - am out of soups, chocolate is low and I have heaps of others I don't feel like now!!! ARGH!
    Kelly xx

Forgot to mention yesterday, someone said they had a vanilla shake, added chocolate essence and orange essence and got a jaffa flavour!!! YUMMO! I might get some orange essence and try it in a choccy shake. You could even put peppermint essence in I guess, for a choc mint shake!
    Kelly xx

I just got this reply from TF staff, they don't approve.

Hi there,

Below is a document put together by our nutritional team. I'm not sure why your friend would say it is okay to be in ketosis and breastfeed but the naturopath on our team definately doesn't support it.

I hope that this helps clear things up and also better explains the reasons why we will not give mothers the thumbs up to be on our program while breastfeeding.

I am Lactating, can I go on TF?

During lactation, the mother needs to be particularly careful of what she is consuming. She needs to eat a variety of food and reach her requirements for energy and both macro (carbs, protein, fat) and micro nutrients (vitamins and minerals). This is essential for both the baby’s development and also to sustain the mother and prevent deficiencies.

If the mother’s intake is not sufficient, then not only will her milk be lacking but the body will try and compensate for insufficient intake by taking certain nutrients from the mother’s supplies for example calcium from her bones. This can lead to deficiencies such as calcium and iron.

Everyone has different energy and macronutrient requirements depending on their age, weight and health status. A lactating mother will have higher macro and micronutrient requirements than a non-lactating mother as she is supplying both her baby and herself.

The Tony Ferguson Weightloss Program is a weight loss program, nutrients provided are based on individual requirements and not specific to increasing requirements that occur during lactation. The aim of the Tony Ferguson Program is to lose weight not provide for special stages of life such as pregnancy or lactation.

If the body doesn’t get adequate energy, vitamins and minerals during lactation, the baby’s growth and development can be impaired. The body can also feed from the mother’s stores and therefore may result in deficiencies for the mother.

Even if the baby is on solids and only having minor feeds, the mother will still need to meet her nutritional requirements in order to prevent deficiencies. Therefore she will need to wait until her baby is completely weaned before beginning the Tony Ferguson Weightloss Program.

During life we breathe in many toxins, the body may flush these out but some toxins are stored in the fat stores of the body. During ketosis, fat cells are being broken down releasing fatty acids and toxins in the blood stream. The body will flush some of these out of the body but some of the toxins can pass through into the breast milk.

LACTATION SUMMARY

Adequate energy, macro and micronutrients required TF does not provide these for both mother and baby as it is a weightloss program based on individual requirements.

Even if the baby is on solids and only having minor feeds, this still requires the mother to having adequate macro and micro nutrients in her diet. Inadequate intake can result in poor growth and development for baby and deficiencies in the mother.

Fatty acids and toxins may go into breast milk – this is not ideal for the baby.
    Lactating mother will need to wait until her baby is completely weaned before beginning the Tony Fergusonerson Weightloss Program.
    Kelly xx

Hmmm. Thats interesting given that in the book it says:

"If you are pregnant or breast feeding, on medication, being treated for an illness or eating disorder it is recommended that you undertake the program in conjunction with your doctor"
    If you want to do it I'd go check it our with your GP. Or theres always WW's breastfeeding program?

Someone wrote something about putting coconut essence in the chocolate and getting a Bounty shake!

I dont know I am so confused! I think what I have learnt from TF I could manage on my own... maybe I will cut back to one shake tomorrow and see how I go. Might have brekkie as one piece of low GI bread (burgen) with an egg and avocado, then a shake for lunch, and low carb dinner... bet as soon as I am off it he weans hahah!!! Nah I doubt it actually, argh the booby boy is too booby happy.
    Kelly xx

Hi Girls

Kelly - Its so hard to know what to do, you must be going crazy!
    Did the naturopath even advise against the maintenance program?? Because from the booklet, this looks ok?
    I don't know either!
    I will have to tell my SIL what you've posted... she's so stubborn though, I think she'll just carry on...
    Its a tough decision for you to make... what a pain.
    Like Rayray said - perhaps the WW breastfeeding program?
    I did that after I had Luke and it was easy enough to do... and with results, I lost about 15kgs in under 6 months.
    Good Luck with your decision

As for me, I started last Friday, and all is well!
    Everything I've tried I like so far, with the exception of the Wild Berry shake.... it just tasted like a big drink of hubba bubba grape flavoured bubble gum.... ew!

I'm not a big fan of smoothies, so I should have known this - I steered clear of the strawberries & cream & mango one for this reason!!!
    SIL said this ones her favourite though, so I thought I'd give it a go!!!
    Not for me!!!
    Now that I've tried a weeks worth (almost) I'll have to email my likes & dislikes!

The lady at the chemist told me I may have bad breath during the program because of the ketosis, and toxins coming out of my body... I have noticed this over the last few days... and headaches too!!! Not sure if headaches are due to the flu coming on though, as DH & Luke have been sick for over a week now.

Am looking forward to weighing in on Friday.. my scales show I've dropped at least 1kg - but they're old, and probably very inaccurate!!!

Hope everything is great with you guys!

Love Holly
    xxx

The bad breath means you are in ketosis, but its a PITA! I have been gargling listerine twice a day and will get some chewing gum too (I've NEVER chewed gum, but its allowed and mints are not)

Have you had those yogo custards (in the kids refrigerated section at the supermarket) The strawberries and cream, and the banana remind me of those.

TBH they are the 2 flavours I thought I would hate, as I detest strawberry icecream, and milk etc, but I love the shakes and they're probably my favourite.

The mango I didn't really like that much.

I think I should lose weight this week, I've been really good!

Sorry to fill up this thread all the time, its just that being borderline OCD, its hard not to, and the more I can focus on it, and absorb myself, the better I will do.

Rayray - The bad breath is horrible - Its the taste in your mouth thats worse!
    I've been brushing my teeth like crazy!!!
    It will all be worth it though

I'm not a fan of the strawberry & banana yogo's (thanks for the tip ), so I might steer clear of those ones too... Did you try the wildberry, I know you posted saying you were a little scared too?!!!
    I've never really been into fruit & milk mixed, but thats me... if you like the strawberry & banana shakes, you'll prob like Wildberry as well.

Good Luck with your weigh in next... I've got 2 days, so interesting to see how I go!
    Am feeling lighter already, so thats good!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast