Thread: trying to get eating under control

Default trying to get eating under control

i am trying to watch what i eat but i am sooooooooooo hungry all the time!! but i dont have much time (or energy) to make healthy stuff so tend to just snack on biccies etc. i was thinking that i should cut up a heap of vegies or something and just go crazy on vegetable stix etc. do you reckon eating a big heap of vege stix would affect weight loss negatively?

hello
    if you just eat vege sticks your craving for the foods that you should not have will only get worse and eventually it will get so bad that you will cave in and binge eat out on anything that is not good for you speaking from experience here.

you need to make the time to make foods that are good for you something naughty and something good there is nothing wrong with that.

I hear you on being hungry all the time it is just your body protesting IMO on the changes that you are trying to make same thing with the lack of energy hang in there that will pass

when you snack on biscuits ect all the time you have no idea how much you are putting into your body and that is just making the weight loss journey harder for you.

eat 5 small but good meals each day and drink at least 8 glasses of water each day and starting for a walk or something similar.

a suggestion: when you feel hungry go for a good walk or have a nice big glass of water and you will find that you wont feel as hungry or you wont feel hungry at all.

good luck and all the best on you weight loss

thanks for the advice... i hate that i have to loose weight! some people like my DH are just naturally thin with good metabolisms! they dont understand how hard it is.. food is good why do we have to give it up !! LOL

food is good it is what kind of food that you put in your mouth that counts and what time of day you have it aswell.

I hear ya i have alot of weight to lose the way i look at it is each week it is that much less that i am carrying around and i am that much closer to reaching a healthy weight.

Mr S is right about drinking water. Sometimes hunger can be mistaken for thirst. I'm trying to get into the habit of drinking a glass of water before eating and then seeing how I feel.

My personal trainer has advised that I eat approximately every 2 to 3 hours to keep my metabolism going but decrease my portion sizes. I'm also trying to stick to fruit, protein or nuts such as almonds for my snacks. I do crave sweet things at times but I've substituted diet mousse or yoghurt most of the time to give me a healthier sweet kick.

I guess another thing my trainer is trying to reinforce in me is that restricting food is not a forever thing. Perhaps if you can focus on small timeframes rather than "I'll never be able to have this again" it may help with the mental battle? This helps me at times although I will admit not always.