Thread: Ultralight

Default Ultralight

Just wondering if anyone has used Ultralight and what they thought of it? Also, can you explain it to me a bit?

TIA

MG

MG

From what I have heard/read about it, it is a meal preplacement (shakes) program but you have the shakes between meals. And the meal plan they lay out for you is fairly strict.

I think it is all based on low GI and Ketogenesis.......so it would be fairly low on processed carbs (ie no bread, rice, pasta etc). And you most likely would be peeing on a strip daily to check your body is in the right zone.......

It is supported by some health funds, so worth looking into? I think you can "sign up" for it through a fair number of chemists.....

Thanks Lucy. I saw that they are subsidised by some health funds (but not mine). A friend of mine went on it and lost 40Kg but I'm just not convinced it is healthy... I guess just smaller portions, better foods, and lots of time on the treadmill will be my thing.

MG,

To be honest, I think that is the key.

I've lost a fair amount over the past 7 months. I have read through every book and website I come across in relation to weight loss.

What has worked for me, and continues to work for me, is eating less, eating more wholesome/less processed foods, lots of exercise (ie 6 hours a week at least, for me) and drinking bucketloads of water.

(I have found that less processed carbs, for me, works.......so I have cut out potatoes/pasta/rice/bread etc for dinner.......I just have them at lunchtime. And I eat more protein now, as it simply makes me feel better. But I still have a lot of good carbs in the form of fruit and veg......)