Thread: Urgent! 4kgs in 7 weeks - do-able???

Default Urgent! 4kgs in 7 weeks - do-able???

Hi girls,

My wedding is in 7 weeks and I want to lose 3-4kgs that I have put on over the last 2mths since i picked up my wedding dress I seem to have gotten a bit carried away with the chips and chocolate....

I tried my wedding dress on last weekend and it fitted beautifully but around my belly it's tight, i mean, i could wear it but it's a bit tight IYKWIM.... anyway i seem to put weight on my belly first and lose it first off my belly....

My question is - what is the fastest/most effective "belly" weight loss method?!?! Should I start running for an hour every day??!?!?! HELP!!!!!! I know I can lose 4kgs in 7 weeks hey... 1kg per week max, I just need to know HOW!!!!!!!
    Willpower - yes?
    Good food - yes?
    Exercise - yes?

Gosh i know how to do it i just don't know how to do it haha IYKWIM..... i just have to believe in myself that i can do it and actually get out of bed earlier so i can walk around the block......!!!!

Help girls give me some tips to get motivated

Renstar - I started Tony Ferguson 3.5 weeks ago.
    So far I have lost 10 kilos
    Average is 4-6 in a month, so 4 in 7 weeks is certainly do-able.

thanks Rayray, yeah I was on the shake diet too, the "success" diet thru amcal chemist its pretty much same as the T.F diet you are on. its not good for keeping weight off long term (i have found anyway) and i know there are maintenance programs afterwards... my prob is i go on it then lose weight then go off it then on it off it etc (yo yo dieting!)
    I guess i could go back on it huh?!? seeing as i am not good with the whole exercise thing...

congrats on losing 10kgs wow!! I lost 4kgs in my 1st week on the shake diet so maybe i should just do it again...? we still have heaps of shakes in the cupboard left over too....

I am pretty good at keeping it off once I lose it, I just had a pregnancy get inthe way! *lol*
    This is the most healthy diet I've been able to do and not gain weight. It beats straving myself and working out every day.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I'm another TF advocate for short periods of time - I have lost almost 3kgs in almost 2 weeks and I am on a highly modified version due to BF.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

I can lose a pound a week - but I have a high metabolism too.

Here's how I do it:
    cut out ALL snacks. Drink only water (one coffee in the morning). Try to only have fruit for puddings. Have a day where you allow yourself a choc bar or a pudding too, that way if Friday is "treat day" you don't fall off the diet.
    Walk everywhere. Half an hour to the shops? Walk. Five minutes in a car burns no calories. I'm not saying do a 20 mile trek each day, just walk more.
    Sit-ups are your friends. You will get better results with three lots of five throughout the day than you will one lot of 20 in the morning, so go for little and often, whenever you can.
    Standing burns more calories than sitting so try to get up and moving more.
    Do mini-exercise - dance to the radio, run across the park, walk around as you talk on the phone.

BTW, this is for weight loss when you aren't overweight - if you are larger you may lose weight more quickly with this diet.

If you want to lose it quickly before the wedding the shakes are great but like you said it is more likely to put the weight back on. But I think that would definately work for the wedding dress.

I honestly don't get the more likely to put the weight back on theory. Yes, if you go back to your old eating habits, and you aren't doing regular exercise, you will probably put all the weight back on - that would be the same for any diet. but if its to kickstart weightloss, and you know how to maintain your weight when you get there, its really not a problem.

Ryn's diet would work too

Thanks girls, i'm feeling slightly motivated...

I think a lot of people who use the shake diets find it difficult to begin healthy eating habits once they begin adding proper meals, whereas diets like weight watchers you start from day 1 changing your eating habits so there is no real change throughout the diet. This becomes less of a diet because you pretty much jsut stay eating the same things. I hope all that makes sense. I know a lot of people who have not put their weight back on using diets such as weight watchers but almost everyone I know, including myself have put the weight back on after using milkshake diets. I did just have baby 4 months agao though.

For me though, as soon as I stop breastfeeding I will be back on the shake diet. I use Optifast. And it works really well for me.

Yes, you absolutely right if people don't change their eating habits and lifestyle that would be very likely to happen, and WW teaches that where meal replacement diets don't - you need to either do their maintenance program, or work it out yourself. If I had known WW had a breastfeeding program I would have done it after I had DS while I was breastfeeding.

thats great I didnt know WWatchers has a b/feeding program..... thats great... i'll remember that

i am starting the shake diet again Monday cos i know i can lose the weight in 2 weeks no probs...
    i am actually have a shake for lunch right now!! (banana flavour)

yes i believe, like Rayray, you can keep the weight off long term if you do the right things.... but lots of ppl do slip back into their old habits like lukesmum said, hence thats why so many people fail at keeping it off

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Renstar,

I lost 7 kgs in 7 weeks on my own, with walking an hour 5 times a week and with portion control and reducing my fat intake to 70g a day. It wasn't hard and I was never hungry. So it definitely can be done.

Thanks Sushee, thats the sensible way to do it and thats how I would prefer to do it (i feel anyway) I am going to start walking 1hr per day as of Monday too.... incorporating the shakes with the exercise to get it off real fast....
    then after our wedding, who knows what i'll do. we'll be TTC so i'll just try and exercise to be healthy....

all up i need to lose 15kgs to be healthy weight again...

Maybe try sit-ups and crunches aswell. I found i lost heaps of belly while doing them.

I wouldn't do the sit-up though if you are overweight and want to lose the weight from around your tummy. Sit ups and crunches will make the muscle bigger which in turn will push your stomach out more. You should only do crunches if you are also doing cardio.

I agree, the shakes will work to begin with