Thread: weight loss pills

Default weight loss pills

Ok I know the only real effective way to lose weight is to diet and eat healthy but is there any diet pills out there that actualy work? There seems to be thousands of them out!

Hi Renee,

Yes they do work - but at a huge cost to your health and pocket....
    Duromine is a made up of a compound that is similar to speed, it increases your ability to stay awake, your endurance and decreases your need or desire for food. I took these as a 20 year old and lost loads and loads of weight... the problem was i was not sleeping (averaging about 4 hrs a night), i was not eating the right types of food so was not getting adequate nutrition, my behavour changed (mood swings and irritability) and it did not teach me the right way to eat so when i stopped taking them i put the weight back on. Oh yeah, you build a tolerance up to them so have to increase the dose to get the same effect. your heart also races and you are thirsty all the time and your metabolism slows down as you put your body into a state of starvation. i looked great but it was not worth it. I also had a friend that took them for a time and she started to loose her hair! Would never recommed them.
    Xenical blocks absorbtion of fat, which is good, but what they dont tell you is that you poo it out in a liquid form! this can happen when you think that you may be passing gas which could end up very embarressing!!!

I have tried many herbal forms over the years in the hope that something natural will do the same thing as the Duromine, but it wont... The only way that you really can lose weight and keep it off is by making changes to your diet and fitness levels.

i would never go back to any of these things, and although i am not alway happy with my appearence, i would rather do it naturally.

Im sure others have different opinions - but this is mine.
    Hope it helps!

Never tried diet pills, but chromium/sugar balancing supplements can help you not to get sugar/carb cravings so you are less liekly to get hungry between meals?
    Where I used to get to about 2:30-3pm in the afternoon and go looking for muffins and chocolates, now I look at the clock and its nearly 4pm, and I'm just not hungry, the cravings are gone.

Hi. Ive tried, Duromine and reductil (bloody expensive). The duromine worked really quickly, but I too couldnt sleep, and was out weeding at 5am. Madness.They basically work as a diaretic (in other words dehydrate you). I found they also supressed my appetite to the point where I physically couldnt eat at all. Not good.
    Reductil worked well to take my mind off food. Basically stopped me obsessing, but they are no miracle cure, and Im pretty sure made me badly depressed, as I was an emotional wreck on them, but have been fine since I stopped taking them. Theyre also ridiculously dear at about $130 a month. Id rather go to a gym!

I know a few people who've taken these types of pills. Duromine caused sleeplessness in everyone I know who took it and they had to stop. They put all their weight back on. I also know someone who tried I think Xenical this week.... it's one you can get from the chemist so I could have the name wrong....anyway, she had to stop taking it after one day as she was so hyped up it was like she was on speed and it made it difficult for her to work.

I wouldn't touch them.

Thanks for all the info I definately don't think I will going anywhere near them! Will get out my treadmill and do it the right way

Hi Renee,

I've just got my BFP so I've immediately stopped my diet, but prior to that I was on the Tony Fuerguson Program and it was great, I was expecting to be hungry on it because of you replace 2 meals with shakes or soups, but you stay really full and you can still eat dinner with you family etc... I only had about 5 kilos to lose just to make my jeans fit again! But it great for any amount of weight loss, check out the forums on their website for suces stories.

Another word of warning re diet pills, I took duromine a few years ago and I was constantly thirsty and my heart raced. I also couldn't sleep at all, I would be scrubbing the bathroom at 3am - bad bad bad.....

Jodie259 Guest

When trying to lose weight... I always think you should ask the question...

If my child was overweight... would I put them on diet pills.... or give them a shake instead of a meal ??

What would I do if my child was overweight ??

I don't imagine too many people would give their children pills or shakes... so why do people do that to their own bodies?

If it were an overweight child - you would provide them with healthy meals, and encourage more exercise.

And if you do that yourself - you set an example for your children.

Weight loss - weight maintenance - --- It's a lifetime thing.
    Not a "quick loss" then resume your previous lifestyle.
    However you lose weight - should be something you are committed to do for the rest of your life... and instill into your children as well.

Cutting down on the junk food & sugar... and increasing your activity... may be a little harder then popping a pill or having a shake - but it becomes a habit for life. You don't have to totally deprive yourself of every yummy food. Just cut back. You don't have to go to gym 5 times a week. Just increase it a little bit. You don't have to lose 10 kilos in 10 weeks. Just a little loss each week - which is better then a little gain each week.

Good luck with your journey Renee.

Hi. I've tried Duromine. I loss weight but I had all the side-effects Beaksie. Then one morning I went to have a shower and I couldn't see, it lasted over 5 minutes. I didn't think I was going to get my sight back. It was so so scary. Don't take them.

Was meant to say 'I had all the side-effects Beaksie had'.

medical50 Guest

my sister is fat and she always say she will loss her weight. Oneday she read about a weight loss pill in a magazine and told me to buy it. I said to cansult her doctor and doctor said it's very bad to use any kind of weight loss pill.
    Last edited by medical50; October 18th, 2007 at 05:31 PM.

jala Guest

Quote Originally Posted by renee84 View Post
    Ok I know the only real effective way to lose weight is to diet and eat healthy but is there any diet pills out there that actualy work? There seems to be thousands of them out!
    interval training is what you want to do.

try turbo jam.

combine strength training with cardio - this will build muscle and therefore increase your metabolism which means you will be burning fat and calories while you sit and watch tv, and even while you sleep!

Good luck

i was on Duromine and i couldnt sleep i havr brought xantrax hoping they work 4 me
    sarahxxxx