Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: weight watchers

Default weight watchers

Hi,

I have just joined weight watchers online and was wondering if there are any fellow BB members out there that are also members?

I really needed to do something and as I am a numbers girl liked the idea of keeping tally with my food in this way. I have started with a 5% goal so something like 5 kgs to loose but my ultimate goal will mean a loss of 30 kg. So starting with baby steps.

How are other people's weight loss journey going?

Have you considered joining us over at http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/diet...challenge.html its just starting so you can still get in with your measurements if you like! Good luck!

I started WW Jan 15th this year.. i have lost now 18.5 kg and 6 more kg to go!! I love it!!!!

I have joined WW again - before I was married I lost over 20kg on it and found it to be wonderful. It really does help you make permanent lifestyle changes with the way you buy, prepare and eat food. I just went online this time as there are no meetings close to me.

i've just joined too, almost 2 weeks ago. My 1st week was appaling, but I think that was related to drinking way too many ****tails and eating bad food at a wedding as well as my DH's birthday.

Hopefully I'll get a better result this week!

Glad to hear good things about it. I have only joined the online option too as I know I would find it too hard to get to the meetings. I am going ok so far, I am a numbers person so I love that I can track my food and convert into numbers.

That's a great effort didispunk, goodluck with the rest of your journey.

Kellie even though you blew out so to speak did you find you still minimised the damage or just went for it? This week is a new week and without so many tempting distractions I think you can do it.

that it works but ironically I can feel it already, only small changes but I can feel my undies are fitting better hence my desperate need to do something
    Last edited by kelebek; May 9th, 2009 at 04:21 PM. Reason: just wanted to add a bit

I'm just about to go onto maintenance for WW Online. Since I started, I've lost almost 8 kilos and am now 2 kilos under pre preg weight, I am beyond thrilled! I've done WW about 4 times over the years, but this is the only time I have ever hit goal (0.2 to go!!). I think because I am true to myself and don't fudge the points. Plus, playing netball and walking a couple of times a week has really helped.

I was a member before I fell pg and had lost a few kgs. I think my greater knowledge about food has helped me to stay a healthy weight during this pg - I have only gained 4-5kgs in 29 weeks so am really happy. I make much better choices now than I did before ww. I will def join again 6weeks after birth.

Good luck with your online journey!

njd - I still lost 0.2kgs cause I was good for the rest of the week. This week I have definitely been back on track, I even saved points most days which was good cause we went out for dinner with the family last night for mothers day and I was a bit naughty! But back on track today!

Thanks for starting this thread njd! I also recently joined a couple of weeks ago. I'm doing the unlimited option so that I get to meetings when I can but have the online stuff to track my food and exercise anyway if I can't get there. I went to my first meeting last wednesday night so they've weighed me for the first time but according to my home scales I'd already lost 2.2 kilos I think that probably means that I won't lose much this 'first' official week. In an ideal world I'd like to lose close to 20kg (will re-assess when I get down close to that number!). I'm not particularly fussed on my final weight number but I do want to fit back into my size 10-12s and get rid of the baby belly left over flabby bits lol! I also need a system to eat healthier and keep track of what goes in my mouth each day. I did ww many many years ago (before the points system ) and found it worked really well when I stuck to it.

Didi - That's fantastic! Well done you. Great loss in only 4 months.
    Aamy - thanks for the link - I'll pop over there.

Have a good week girls!

Hi!

I have been doing WW since Feb I think and at last weigh in 2 weeks ago have lost 9.9kg. I reached my 10% goal so am happy, still have 16kgs to goal though!

I am going to meetings and have done both online and meetings many times before! But I think this time I am really sticking to it and am making permenant changes.

I have averaged 1.3kg a week.. So i am happy!!! Maintnance HERE I COME!!

Good luck ladies it does work!!! If you cheat.. go for a walk, or do some exercise at the gym to stay within your points!!!

Hi Everyone

I have just join ww last Saturday. My aim is 28kgs but a little at a time. I have a 13 month old boy Tyrone. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for me while i am doing this. I live in Caboolture so if anyone is near and wants to start a walking group would love to catch up.

Tess and Ty
    Last edited by mumtess08; May 12th, 2009 at 03:47 PM. Reason: pushed wrong button

ooh I joined WWO/L 3 weeks ago and have managed to lose 3.5kgs, which I'm quite happy with....love that it's easy to look up and track

Hi everyone

I had my first weigh in on Saturday and i lost 800g was very glad. How is everyone else going?

Tess

I lost 3.7kg in my first two weeks. Third weigh in is tomorrow night. I don't feel like I will have lost very much this week but I am starting to fit back into pre-preg pants again which is awesome!!

I agree Kim - keeping track online is heaps easy. I love the recipe builder thing that lets me work out the points for any dinner that we cook at home.

So glad I started this thread as I had an awesome first week but have really struggled for the past 10 days or so, finding it really hard to say no to the choc pudding in the freezer. I think for the moment I just can't have that kind of stuff in the house. So the first week lost 1.7 kgs and lost 300g the 2nd week. This week isn't over so I am back on the wagon and will try really hard to stick to my points. I just find I am so hungry, anyone else find this, how do I cope? how do you stay motivated to stick to your points and get out there and exersice?

Kaz - how did your weigh in go? I am really hoping to loose that jiggly baby weight too.

Mumtess08 - well done on your weight loss, hope you do well this week.

Kim - I love that I can keep track of it online too, now just gotta stick to the points well done on losing so much already

Didi you are an inspiration, thanks for sharing your sucess, if I could replicate that sort of weightloss I will be a very hot bridesmaid, I'll have to not outshine the bride

eej, your sounding really motivated this time and I hope I can join you in making these changes permanent too. Well done on your weight loss so far and I am sure the 16kgs will start to drop off.

Glad you still lost something the other week Kellie cause we have to celebrate our sucesses. Hope you stayed on track this week and saw the results.

So Trillian, I think I read somewhere that you use to be a WW leader many moons ago, any tips/secrets that you can share with us?

Thanks ladies for sharing your stories I am going to have read this thread everyday to help keep me motivated - it just seems so easy to eat chocolate or chips or biscuits especially when AF is soon to arrive or here, anyone else find it hard to surpress those urges to eat crap around that time of the month.

Thanks guys

N

hey Kelebek,

According to the WW scales I lost 0.4kg but my scales at home (in the morning after a breastfeed lol!) were showing a 0.6kg loss. I'm going more with my own scales because I started at home a week before I attended the first meeting and I'm just using the meetings to keep me on track and stay accountable. So all up I've lost 4.2kg in three weeks. I'm only going to measure myself every 4 weeks though, otherwise I will get too focused on the size (cm) of my belly. Can't wait til it looks normal again.

WRT the eating/points stuff: I have struggled on a few days to stay within points and then other days I seem to have a few left over at the end. I also struggle at times to work out the points for home cooked meals, even with the tracker thing and I often think I'm probably underestimating what I'm eating. I agree about always feeling hungry. I'm breastfeeding and so far, AF has stayed away but I remember seeking out junk around that time. My only advice would be to have low points snacks around the house and even give yourself a day or evening off strict counting (as long as you're healthy) and then get back on track the next day. I don't know. That might not work for you but WW eating should be about developing long term habits. If that time of the month is trouble for you eating-wise, you might be better to accept it, eat more (healthy and within reason) for a day and then get back on track, rather than feeling deprived? I hope that made sense. One day a month is probably not going to slow your weight loss too much if you don't go overboard.

If that approach won't work for you then you can try drinking a glass of water and waiting 20 mins. Spoil yourself another non-food way (like have a bubble bath or something) or eat a chocolate but then go for a long walk or something to earn an exercise point. Definitely don't have tempting food in the house! I can only resist it for so long as well. Especially when you're just starting out to change eating habits. It's just too hard. I find if it's not staring at me from the pantry or fridge, I'll find something else. Getting out and down to the shops is still a big effort for me so it's enough of a disincentive not to bother just for a quick fix.

Hope you all have a great week on the scales girls!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast