Thread: Weird ? regarding Coke Zero....

Question Weird ? regarding Coke Zero....

Has anyone here had any diarrhea effects after consuming it? The first time I thought maybe it was something I ate, the 2nd time I thought prob something I ate but today considering ALL I have had is Special K, sugar free cranberry juice (I have taken it for years), tuna sandwich and then a coke zero, sure enough same as last night.

Anyone else have this issue? or is it just a bug thats prob going around?

Thanks!

I never have but I know that artificial sweetners can have that affect. I once had a friend that ate a whole packet of those sugar-free lollies (Jolles I think or something) and she was on the toilet for hours Hope you're not in any pain

yep - I can't go near the stuff - works really quickly too

No, I dont think so. I have a coke zero every night with dinner and have had no problems in either of my pregnancies. Artificial sweeteners can have that effect in large doses but I dont think 1-2 cans will do it.

Could just be something going around like you said .....?

I drink to much of coke zero and have no issues with that.. but I do with real coke..

Thanks girls,

I contacted coke and she was absolutely lovely. I explained the situation and just asked if its a common side effect and that it most likely is 99% me and not the product. Well she said thats fine but its best to pick up the product just in case it has anything to do with it. So coke's quality area will come by tomorrow, pick it up and replace the product for us. They will test the one I have here just to make sure it is all normal etc .

So if it is the artificial sweetners have you found that it just takes your body some time to get used to it or it just means you are going to get it every time?

Thanks!

Oh I wanted to mention I am not in any pain whatsoever, no bloating nothing, just a lil surprise and am just thankful I am wearing pads right now because of the uterine polyp LOL!

Combat Queen, thanks for the tip because that is something I WOULD do with lollies LMAO!

Muppity - yeah I found within 20mins of finishing a glass (tall) I would need the loo.

Tonyadayl- Thats exactly what I am hoping, because I found something I actually like apart from the solo and fanta zero lol. It doesnt have that affect with me either.

aussienic - thankfully I havent had the problem with real coke but maybe it would have been better if I did HAHA

I can't drink the stuff because it gives me horror stomach craps. Took me a few drinks to realize what was causing it. Don't have problems with any other drinks though.

Hmmm, if it give diarrohea, maybe I should include it in my diet plan

Well caffeine in general works very quickly with me IYKWIM. lol. So it could just be that.

Ive not had any problems with it....but i hate the stuff anyhow!

Quote Originally Posted by CombatQueen View Post
    I never have but I know that artificial sweetners can have that affect. I once had a friend that ate a whole packet of those sugar-free lollies (Jolles I think or something) and she was on the toilet for hours Hope you're not in any pain
    Yup, done that one. Not good as we were at the movies, thankfully Gold Class, so the toilets were close. I can't eat the Darryl Lee sugar free choccie, one square gives me tummy rumbles.

if fanta zero doesnt give you the runs but coke zero does then it is not the artificial sweetener cos both drinks use the same one. but yes in senstive people and kids even small amounts of artificial sweetener can cause diarrhea. If it is the sweetener you can build up a tolerance...most diabetics do!

yup ... always get the runs when i drink it. must be the sweetener.

Well the coke lade came by and gave us 12 cans of coke to replace the 1.5litre bottle she took . I couldnt believe we got 2 x 6 packs lol. The bottle is being tested just in case but I am pretty sure its just me.

Thanks for letting me know about the tolerance thing, maybe it just takes awhile for my body to get used to have sugarless coke with the caffiene etc.

Find out in a few days

Thanks again girls!!!

I have the same prob with Zero Coke. But can drink diet Coke and pepsi max?????? Not sure what it is about Zero?

WickedWitch Guest

That is a interesting observation.

I guess we all re-act to things differently.

I have never had this prob with artificial sweetners - wish I did coz it is all I drink.

Be interesting to do some research on this.

no im fine with it