Thread: what tightens abdomen ?

Default what tightens abdomen ?

I have lost 10kg! since having DS 6 months ago. I would like to loose another 2-3kg but I can see that even with that last bit of weight loss, i will still have a big tummy
    I need to know what exercises will help get my tummy muscles tightening up again, as I can tell diet alone is not enough. I still look (especially by the end of the day ) about 4- 5 months pregnant! .
    Dont anyone suggest sit ups though - I just know I wont do them.

Could you tummy be excess skin and fat like mine? I had a plastic surgeon's appt 2 weeks ago about a tummy tuck and he said that it was more like skin that had to be removed. He said even if he did lipo it would still sag like an apron due to the skin not pulling back into shape after having babies.

Sorry, to tell you this, but your tummy may never pull back into shape.

You can try doing planks. Get a huge gym ball and put your elbows on the ball and reach forward as much as you can until you are on your toes. This apparently strengthens tummy muscles which will shift some weight in the region. I've given up on tummy exercises.

I'm getting a tummy tuck done.

Thanks for your honesty Turkish,
    I think some is still exess fat, but I also think I could do with some tighter muscles.
    Im planning on seeing about lipo or TT after we have finished having babies (which is not yet).
    I bounced back after my first baby, but I think this last pregnancy has taken more out of me My tummy feels and looks a lot squishier than it use to be, (I can grab a handful of it) .

How come some mums you see around (even older than me) have lovely slim tums?? boohooo, not me must be good genetics or something?

I`d love to hear more about your TT - keep us updated !

Pilates! Find a good class and do pilates. I swear by it. It's the best thing for tightening your tummy muscles. It will also make you stronger in your core which will prevent back pain. You won't just work the big tummy muscles, but all the little, inner tummy muscles - they are the ones that will tighten your tum.

If you've never done it before, I really recommend finding a good studio and have some one on one or group instruction so you know you are doing the techniques correctly and you know that you are activating the right muscles. Once you get the hang of it, you can try dvd's at home.

Not all bodies are the same. It really depends on the elasticity of the skin. I can grab a handful too. Like i said, it is fat and skin. Even if you do lose the fat, the skin may still sag. Some people are just darn lucky.

My plastic surgeon said that if you have private health insurance, medicare will pay for half of the cost as it falls under a "medically required" procedure. I had 2 x c/s amd that's what he said to me. So, the end cost to me will be about $5k out of pocket. Oh well, all in the sake of vanity....