Thread: are the wii fit/active good for exercisephobes?

Question are the wii fit/active good for exercisephobes?

ok, so i'm contemplating spending money on a wii and either fit or active (mostly because of people on here saying how good it is).

but. we're saving for a deposit and such and being one of those idiot financial-martyrs, i'm thinking it's not worth it just for me -- except i'm not likely to join a gym (too expensive, and i'm too shy) and it's just way too f'ing cold to walk much, even if there was time before work, or it wasnt pitch-black after work.

is it a worthwhile purchase? or is it more like the ab-rocker that ends up in the box under the stairs for all its life?

i like it - it's fun and you can chart your progress. we use it all the time

wii fits are good don't believe the chubby wii person on the bmi scale thow
    i recomend for lossing wait the runnung thing and the muscle thing squats and lunges are very good

Hey, Mmm, thanks for posting this question because I've been wondering about it myself...and *snap* to you - we're also saving for a house deposit so I've been wondering whether it's worth it.

I also want the Fit. But I'm a total techno-loser and don't understand all this Wii stuff. Do I need to buy a Wii console and then buy the Fit separately? What are the price-ranges for this?

TIA,
    Seph

Default wii prices

Persephone - um, i just looked up the prices then, you need to get the console ($299 second hand at ebgames, $349 new) and the wii fit bundle which comes with the balance board which you also stand on for the weigh-in bit, i think. that's another $125 or so...

unless you can e-bay one from someone who thought they'd use it and didnt? or maybe look in trading post and gumtree, places like that.

it sounds like a lot, but i know my dp wants the actual console, so its only the $125 i'd feel bad about probably

ETA: if you search google for 'global consoles' and dandenong you should find a place that sells them for a little cheaper, but no real explanation of what bits are needed for what though. they also appear to sell at markets on sundays in malvern, geelong, springvale and ballarat.
    Last edited by mmm; July 19th, 2009 at 07:28 PM. Reason: found more pricing