Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BellyBelly Flyers - Flylady Chat #2

Default BellyBelly Flyers - Flylady Chat #2

Ok girls here is a new thread:

What are some of your favourite Flylady routines? What is it about flylady that you love? Do you have any flylady tips?

Chat about all things Flylady here!

Whats for dinner?

What have you done today?

Want to chat to other declutter demons?

You can check out what was going on in the last thread here
    Last edited by Rouge; May 19th, 2008 at 10:26 PM.

I luurrve Get myself Organised!!!!

Thanks for bumping the thread ladies....i had forgotten

time to get back to flylady for me I think, my house is slowly adjusting to bubs so I need to get going! And what better day to start than today! Kids are at daycare, well bubs isnt but he laps up the peace and quiet and sleeps! lol.

Go FLY LADIES!!!

We are in full swing still (after 3 whole days!!). Socks drawer, her I come...
    AshleaJayne, I still can't verify my account... but if you go into Flying Lessons on the FlyLady page, it tells you what zone and what's happening, and the Mission of the day.... just signed up for a Yahoo account to so it doesn't need verifying, and if i get sick of the emails I can just forget about it!!

Omigod, I am actually looking forward to cleaning. Haven't felt like this since I was getting all those nesting hormones. Dh is going to think I'm pregnant again

I do the load (or two) of washing a night - with 2 members of this household working nights (which means they come home & basically go to sleep & are on the way to work by the time I get home), I have to wash their work clothes on a nightly basis - so I try to do a load of my own general washing. With the machine taking 2 hours per load, it means that sometimes I hang up my load in the morning before work.

DoubleK Guest

i signed up for flylady ages ago, but dont remember getting any emails at all! hmm..

i was a bit overwhelmed with the website, i didnt know what to read first! i started readin gthe baby steps/shine your sink thingy, but that was about it!

can someone explain to me exactly what you get from it? is it basically working up to a daily routine? so starting one step at a time? im just a bit confused, and id like to know what its about before i 'start' do you get emails reminding you to do this or that.. etc?

Rach - the best way to get the emails is to join the Australian reminders group on Yahoogroups - they're timed for here.

For me the philosophy is more being able to manage my house easily, with no hours and hours of cleaning at a time. I have gotten this place to 15 mins visitor ready - which means if friends give me about 15 mins notice that they're on their way - my house is visitor ready when they get here (usually with some yummy cooking & the coffee brewing). My bathroom takes less than 15 mins a week to give a proper clean, because the toilet & sink is done every morning. I can do the back landing & kitchen in 15 mins *just* (incl sweeping & mopping floors), because the dishes are done every night (shining my sink) and the benches wiped down. The load of washing a day is a gods send for me - I actually try to do at least 2 - I hung up the load this morning that I put on before bed - which was load number 3 from yesterday.

I have a basket for each room, so when I'm doing, for example, the loungeroom, stuff for the study or bedroom or spare room etc get put in their respective basket, instead of me wandering into each of those rooms (and I used to start cleaning in those rooms when I got there). So when I finish the loungeroom, the baskets get put in their room - if that particular room is next on the list - then I deal with the basket - if not, the basket stays until it is time to deal with the room.

It took a while to get used to the timer thing, I used to want to keep going, but I've learnt - timer goes off after 15 mins - go to another area to clean.

I love the baby steps philosophy & that it didn't take 15 mins for the room to get that way - so it isn't going to take 15 mins to clean it!

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

I have had FlyLady in my faves for ages but haven't done anything. I decided last night that I am really going to start FLYing.

Today my DD is being babysat and I'm going to get as much stuff done as possible as we have people coming over on the weekend including my grandparents who haven't been to my house before so I want to impress them a little. But once I get it to a manageable state which I'll be able to do today then I'll really get the FlyLady stuff going.

I did have a look at the morning routine and did that today. Also when I got up at 6am for DD's first feed which finished at 7am I decided that I wouldn't go back to bed. She sleeps after her first feed so I thought I'd make better use of that time and get dressed, have breakfast, empty the dishwasher, put a load of washing on and have some computer time.

KrystalBall- it's about working up to a daily routine and decluttering, which in turn makes your house easier to clean, then cleaning it by a monthly routine as well. Kind of gives you guidelines on when to do this room or that room and get it all under control so you don't just look at the house and go 'It's all a mess- where do I start?'
    I've already got a pretty good daily routine and do most of te things that FlyLady says to do so I'm doing the declutter and then starting on the one 'zone' per week (hopefully I'll stick with it that long).

DoubleK Guest

cool
    when i get a chance ill have another look over it!! i wasnt sure why she wanted me to shine my sink.. but i understand now.

thanks girls!

I sooo need to climb back on the wagon again.
    I wish I had a helper monkey or a house robot

ETA - actually I've got 2 helper monkeys already.......

lol dachlostar... i saw an episode of WifeSwap ages ago and one of the women had a fairy statue in the corner of her loungeroom that was her cleaning fairy... if the house was a mess, she blamed it on the fairy not doing her job properly.

I am FLYING well at the moment........my IL's are arriving on wednesday, so the past fortnight has been spent on some major de-cluttering. And of course shining my sink. So as such I am inspired to FLY again.....and Dh did my car today, which for some reason also also inpires me to FLY.

good job Lucy!

My mum is coming on the 13th June (yes, she is flying on Friday the 13th) so I am trying to fly higher at the moment! lol Definately want to house to be presentable when she gets here...last time DD was only 3 weeks old and I couldnt do anything due to c/s - but this time I dont have any such excuses! lol

Sink is shiny though, ad de-cluttering is well and truly on the way!

...Just got to get enough motivation to clean out my pantry...

God bless FlyLady. Been flyinf for two weeks and the house *feels* cleaner. The power of positive thinking!!
    Have a question though- does anyone actually have a control journal?

does anyone actually have a control journal
    I have tried it, and it didn't work for me.

Instead I use Outlook as my diary and use an A5 hardbacked notebook in my bag as my "list central" LOL!

Talking My sink is shining!

When I first came across the thread talking about FLYLADY I wandered if I had fallen into some cult following

I checked out the website the first day, and thought OH MY GOD, someone is looking into my very sould...joined the next day, and consequently started receiving emails. I have skimmed though them, read some in there entirety... but the biggest thing that happened to begin with was the sould searching I started doing. Initially, for the life of me, I so didn't get why I needed to shine my sink... so I didn't. Until this morning.

As a scrubbed away soap scum, and tarnish, and started seeing myself reflected back, I felt like I was metphorically scrubbing away at my soul... some of noise in my head eased, and my heart felt uplifted, and I felt inspired to be able to do more... baby steps at the moment. but god its a good feeling to be climbing out of the chaos...

So thanks to all my other flyladies, for giving me a litle push.

Thumbs up

So glad you shinned your sink Vicky!!

Well done...and you so do feel better for doing it too...and making the bed. Even if I do nothing else allday, my bed is always made and my sink is always shiney cause it just makes me feel so breezy all day!

Baby steps GL

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast