Thread: best vacuum cleaner for pet hair & stairs? $300

Question best vacuum cleaner for pet hair & stairs? $300

hiya all,

we're looking for a new vacuum (one that's going to last!)

downstairs is tiled, upstairs is carpet. we have 2 cats and the hair is just ridiculous!!! so we obviously need something that's great for pet hair, but also easy to do stairs.

does anyone have any recommendations? i have done some googling and the "Shark Navigator Lift Away PRO" seems to be amazing from all the reviews i've read, but i think you can only buy it from america.. and i don't really want to do that. does anyone know if you can get these in australia?

so any recommendations would be great

thanks ladies

I've seen infomercials for the shark... so would think you can get it here, but wouldn't know where...

I recently bought a Vax, I LOVE it =) (a little too much). but we don't have carpet, only hard floors, and no inside pets. But it keeps up with all the dust, and my hair (which sheds bucketloads). and I vacuum EVERYTHING =P cost me less than $300. I basically walked into a Godfreys store and said I need one that does this, this and this and not this, and he showed me a couple and I picked it out.

Dyson has one specifically made for pet hair, but they are more than 300 I think.

yeah i've seen the commercials too!! i don't normally fall for things like that. but it really does make it seem awesome

our old one was a VAX (handed down from parents), lasted 17 years! amazing.

i have checked out dyson, and they're around $500 - $800... we have our xmas holiday booked, and right now that's just not feasible.

we may take a trip down to godfreys and see what they can offer us. but i do really like the shark

I'm pretty sure Big W and Target both have the Shark. Costco have it too for $350, I think it's $400 at Big W

Default best vacuum cleaner for pet hair & stairs? $300

I bought one call 'the dog and cat vac' I've found it works well for us.

miele cat & dog. it's awesome.

We just bought a new vacuum at Harvey Norman and they had the shark navigator there, we ended up with the Miele and I agree it's awesome

We have the dyson DC50 too. We had a few cheapie vacuums and they just didn't suck up the cat hair (we have two long hair cats) nor did they last more than 6 months, so we got the dyson. Costs more but we've had it for 5 years and works now as good as when we bought it. Definitely worth the money

Miele cat and dog. Like $400 on appliances online

Default Re: best vacuum cleaner for pet hair & stairs? $300

Just bumping - for those that have the meile cat and dog - which one do you hve? There seems to be a few differnt models!l?