Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Confessions of an Un-domestic Goddess

Default Confessions of an Un-domestic Goddess

I try to be all things to all people. I give 100% of myself to whatever I am doing at the time. But at the end of the day, I can't be all things and I can't do all things.

Something has to give. For me, the thing that gives most often is housework. My floors don't get the attention they deserve. My kids' bathroom is generally great, but my own is terrible. I've done the cobwebs like twice this year.

In the scheme of looking after kids, performing a taxi service, providing meals, washing clothes and cleaning, cleaning is way down the bottom. I know I can't be alone in this. So, who wants to share with me in confessions of an un-domestic goddess??

Today's confession:

Last night, I tossed a board book across the room in the general direction of the bookshelf while cleaning up after the kids had finished destroying the place and when it hit the carpet, a little explosion of crumbs erupted from the carpet.

Must. Vacuum.

Default Re: Confessions of an Un-domestic Goddess

You've done cobwebs twice this year?! That is winning in my book

I dropped some scrambled egg on the floor when making DD's breakfast this morning and opted to walk around it for the next half hour until I let the dog in to eat it.

We have lived in our new house for about 7 weeks now and I am yet to mop the floors properly. I've cleaned up spills and the two toilets, because I have two little boys with no idea how to aim, but other than that, I've vacuumed or swept every few days and that's it.

I could have written your post word for word OP! Our en suite is off limits to all visitors (except my mum), I would be mortified if anyone went in there. I have a pack of baby wipes in the kitchen cupboard just for spot cleaning the floorboards. I'm lucky my DH usually does the mopping around here, I just cannot stand it. If we have guests coming and I need to tidy the living areas, any clutter is relocated to the spare room.

I haven't done a bathroom in 2 years.

I have a cleaner

I have a robot vacuum

I'm incredibly lazy about housework.

I don't know where the iron or the mop are.

I have a cleaner - she only comes once per fortnight but I don't even vacuum in the "off week" I sometimes sweep if someone is coming over...

I loathe hanging washing on the line...so it ALL goes in the dryer. Terrible for the budget and the environment but good for my sanity!

Since having baby number 3 I CAN NOT keep up with the washing. The spare room is now known as the 'washing room' because it houses a constant pile of folding to be done.

We have a fortnightly cleaner too and I don't mop, vacuum etc in between either.

I need a house put-away-er. That's my big confession. I have four of my own coats 'stored' on the back of the couch. Ditto pairs of shoes on the floor. DD1's toys take over every spare space and lately I haven't been clearing them after she goes to bed. Our kitchen bench is covered. It is supposed to be a breakfast bar but I couldn't squeeze a bowl or cup on there if I tried.

I can't see my laundry floor ATM

I have paperwork everywhere.
    Cant see my kitchen bench.
    Have lived in the house 3 months- mopped the floors twice, vacuumed 4 times.
    Everyone is living out of floordrobes.
    I keep putting dishes back in the dishwasher instead of just handwashing, because they keep coming out still dirty because the dishwasher tablets I have are crummy.
    I left pastry crumbs from one end of the dining room to the couch last night because I was too exhausted to clean it up once the kids were in bed. I vacuumed it up at 7am this morning.

We are barely home and when we are it is just long enough to throw on a load of washing while DS trashes the loungeroom for the 1000000th time.

I can't keep up with the washing in winter. We have a HUGE pile of things needing to be washed next to the kitchen (our laundry is tiny) and a HUGE pile of clean clothes next to the bed in our bedroom that still need to be put away. I loathe housework. Loathe it. I dream of the day (hopefully soon!) that we can have a cleaner in so that I don't have to worry my self with it

I have too many confessions, so I'll just add two:

Until yesterday, I hadn't seen my broom in 2+ months, despite looking for it. It was under the kitchen table. No idea how it got there, or how I never noticed...

Also yesterday, I discovered that my vacuum can be broken down even further than I thought for internal cleaning. I had been wondering why it was losing its sucking power, and blamed it on a failing battery.

Not a great house cleaner here. I just don't have it in me. I could wipe a bench the exact same way as someone else, for them it would be clean, but for me it would still be icky. Same with ironing. If I do iron, the moment I put the clothes on, they just don't stay that way. I envy those that they go out their clothes still looked ironed.

I do what I can and rope the kids in when I can. They sometimes fold the washing for me and unload the dishwasher. I also get them to straighten the couch from hell (it gets messy the moment you look at it sideways).

I don't iron. Heck, I don't even own an iron. My dryer is my big iron..

Hmmmm.... I have lived in this house for 4 months. Mop?? Do they exist? Lol

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

I have a cleaner once a fortnight and night before I go nuts tidying up so can see bench and floors to clean!!! I only sweep or vaccum around table as kids make such a mess at meals!! Otherwise I don't clean much at all!!
    I have baskets of washing needing to be folded a basket of just socks needing friends!!!

I do not iron ANYTHING. I buy DH work shirts that are wash shake hang and I love them!!!!

My house is 100 per cent spotless 100 per cent of the time.

The washing is the only thing I manage to keep up with.

Yes I'm a crazy person who irons...excepts DH's stuff.....he does his own.

I've resorted to buying a tub a bathroom wipes fir the girls so they can keep their bathroom clean...the novelty is yet to wear of that thrill yet.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast