thread: Confessions of an Un-domestic Goddess

BellyBelly Member

Aug 2008
    Ouiinslano

Re: Confessions of an Un-domestic Goddess

Fried kale self-converts to kale chips after 24 hours under the high chair.

That's what I discovered today.

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Dec 2007

Argh.. Cleaner didn't come this week, (her DS was sick, so I told her to look after him)..

So tonight after work, I have vacuumed, and tomorrow I might even mop.

Oct 2006
    In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

My version of mopping today was walking around the kitchen/dining rooms with disinfectant wipes under my feet :/
    Love it lol!

We had visitors today I had piled up 6 washing baskets in our bedroom and closed the door. I had them double stacked and one of these double stacked towers tipped forward and wedged up again the door. Took both DH and I pushing on the door to get back into our bedroom! I had created a barricade of folding and baskets

BellyBelly Member

Jan 2013

Haha calluna I don't own a duster either, despite having a very dusty house! Should probably invest in one, though.

A confession I forgot to mention - when ds and I wake up for the day we usually just sit in bed for a few hours because I can't be bothered going out into the house.
    Our curtains also never get pulled open, hence dust is rife!

Add Beautiful Disaster on Facebook Follow Beautiful Disaster On Twitter

Jun 2010
    Brisbane - where it is never like it should be.

Since having baby number 3 I CAN NOT keep up with the washing. The spare room is now known as the 'washing room' because it houses a constant pile of folding to be done.
    This is my pool table. Or I fold it up and it just never gets put away

May 2008
    Melbourne, Vic

Confessions of an Un-domestic Goddess

Today's confession: DS2 vomited last night, just after I'd pulled him up into out bed, yay. Anyway, we got everything cleaned up, took off my pillow case, DH had changed the sheets on our bed but couldn't find the pillowcases. There were on the line. They'd been there since I washed the sheets, which was just before DS1's birthday - 8/7.

Jun 2011
    WA

We have a laundry hamper in our bedroom for dirty clothes which is empty as instead the clothes are piled on top of the lid and spilling onto the ground around it as we are too lazy to lift the lid up first

May 2008
    Melbourne, Vic

Today's confession: DD couldn't find clean school socks. I told her to look in the basket of clean clothes in the lounge room. Her response: "I should have known that, they are always there!"

Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Jul 2007
    melb

My kids just find 2 socks in basket and wear them rarely do they match!!!!!

BellyBelly Member

Sep 2005
    South Coast NSW

My confession is... I moved the cat food bowl tonight to the top of a laundry basket so I could get into the deep freezer n forgot about it. Cats knocked it ox. . It fell fave down so I picked it up and left the food on the ground. Hopefully it's clean in the morning

BellyBelly Member

Sep 2009
    Darwin

Wow so many confessions I could make

In relation to socks I buy 3x 10 pairs all white for each child write their first initial on them and they grab 2 with their initial no pairing required

I have 2 or is that 3 junk drawers in the kitchen for all those random things

I still have many boxes to unpack from the move before last.
    The washing in my line is pretty much as stiff as cardboard it's been there that long

I pay a cleaner weekly it haven't cleaned a bathroom in about 4 years

BellyBelly Member

Nov 2008
    in the ning nang nong

I was folding laundry on the weekend, and I folded the tea towels into eighths, even though everyone knows all towels must be folded into sixths (or twelveths for bath towels) as everyone should know.

And DH didn't even notice.

And then I went to change DS2's nappy, and it was so bad I asked DH to do it. And he did. Because he's awesome.

BellyBelly Member

Dec 2008
    Brisbane, QLD

Dinner leftovers are still on the table. Im wondering if I can just leave them for the morning...

Sep 2008
    Adelaide

Confessions of an Un-domestic Goddess

Confession #1 - I have a cleaner weekly (it's my mum, we pay her), on Sunday I decided to vacuum the car as there were cherrios, popcorn and general crap all over the floor of the car. I think the last time I vacummed it was when I put DDs toddler seat in, I recall it being hot so likely it was 6 months ago. I forgot which bit went where when putting the vacuum cleaner together as its been so long since I used it. ***Disclaimer - In fairness I have one of those battery operated swivel sweeper things that we run over the floors daily where the kids eat to suck things up between cleans.

Confession #2 - Prior to DS starting school this year, I would iron once in a blue moon, my DS didn't know what an iron was. I purchase clothes based on lack of ironing needed and we have a wall mounted drying rack to significantly reduce ironing likelihood. I slightly regret our choice of school based on the fact DSs shirts need to be ironed. I love the days he wears his sports uniform (no ironing required). To all parents considering schools for their little ones I highly recommend you choose it based on the ironing the school uniform will create, the quality of education really comes second!!

Sep 2008
    Adelaide

Dinner leftovers are still on the table. Im wondering if I can just leave them for the morning...
    It depends Calluna - are you leaving them out to serve as breakfast??

BellyBelly Member
    Add ~clover~ on Facebook

Sep 2007
    travelling

Dd pulled the stuffing out of my pillow in the hallway yesterday & made herself a 'cake' the day before. I still haven't wiped down the drops on our shoe shelf (her kitchen), & the pillow may never be in one piece again.

I do think I'm coming down with the flu & my house feels upside down because I'm waiting on the delivery of my new bed & dining suite. It isn't that bad. But I've taken the old furniture out & am crashing on the futon, coz I was hoping they'd be here yesterday. So I'm a bit out of whack at the moment.

Hope my bed gets here tomorrow my back isn't handling this well at all. Hopefully I finally get the motivation to sort out my room properly too! Started that on Sunday when I took the bed out. Haven't been back in there since.

BellyBelly Member

Dec 2008
    Brisbane, QLD

Lol I realised it sounded like that after I posted.
    No.. I will feed the minions weetbix. Sorry kids no cold lamb chop bones today..

May 2008
    Melbourne, Vic

Today's confession: DS1 has lost one of his pillows. I have no idea where it is.

A pillow. How do we lose a pillow??!