Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Confessions of an Un-domestic Goddess

Default Re: Confessions of an Un-domestic Goddess

I had to move the ironing board, and DS asked me what I was doing with a surfboard!

I realised he's never seen out or used as I outsource my ironing.

It gave me a giggle, as I'm just as likely to go surfing as I am to be ironing!

My mop and bucket are still sitting in the laundry, water and all, after I mopped my bathroom floors 2 weeks ago.

Today I had a burst of energy, so emptied all of the clothes from the baskets- all 6 of them! I put them all away, it's taken me almost 3 hours to sort and pack away. Now I still have a basket full because we don't have enough coat hangers. Which I didn't know, because it's been so long since I have packed away every basket of clothes.

I hate ironing too. I have a small ironing pile that often stays there for months lol. DS went to a party 3 weeks ago and his shirt was washed the next day. It's still sitting there. I have given all my old work shirts to charity. Because I don't like ironing them. I don't miss them lol.

My house is a mess and needs a complete declutter. Sleep takes a higher priority though, as does sanity. Although I wonder if a tidy uncluttered home would help with the sanity bit.

My house is still a complete shambles, but hey, I managed to mop the kitchen and dining room floors and vacuum the lounge room. Still so much to do. I have had a mini meltdown. DH is on a new wacky roster which gives him heaps of time off, I am talking days and days....what does he do with that time off? Nada, zilch, nothing!! He basically sits down and reads the paper, then plays computer games, or does some other crap on his computer. Does he help with anything? NO! I, myself have been working flat out this week, 14 hour days, and I am still the one that is doing everything!
    Seriously, a little help would be nice. He works again on Sunday and then has another 5 days off...if he continues this trend, I will go insane! I have relatives coming over on the weekend so I would like the place to be a little tidy.....haven't seen these people for about 6 years, so need to make an effort! Its a mad dash to the finish line for me for the rest of tonight and tomorrow I think!

dinky, I would definitely be having words with your DH. I am mean and expect DH to do one thing on the days he works, and then on his days off, he helps with everything as normal. It's all still partly his job too, even though he works out of the house (I don't I am a SAHM, but that doesn't = slave for everyone).

Same as Mrs F. Yep, my DH works out of the home but he still helps out around the house!

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Just noticed I have 7 likes for my washing confession.... Does this make me the most undomestic goddess of them all lol

My place is a mess. The timber floors have food and dirt caked on them, mount Foldmore is scattered throughout the house, the bedsheets need changing, everything needs a good scrub, including me.
    It was hard being an undomestic goddess before the crutches and now its 10 times harder!

Today I cleaned ds bathroom for the first time in a couple of months. His aim is worse than I realised

I havent vaccumed upstairs for about the same length of time.

Default Confessions of an Un-domestic Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by OceanPrincess View Post
    Today's confession: DS2 vomited last night, just after I'd pulled him up into out bed, yay. Anyway, we got everything cleaned up, took off my pillow case, DH had changed the sheets on our bed but couldn't find the pillowcases...
    Today's confession: the day or so after the above, I threw our fitted sheet in the dryer to finish it off (after it was mostly dry over the heater). It's still there.

Also have still not vacuumed the carpet. DH got sick of stepping over the vacuum and put it away. Without complaining, he's learned that much

I just swept sausage roll pastry up off the floor. The kids had sausage rolls 3 days ago.

We moved house 3 weeks ago and our deep-freezer has been in the garage unplugged for that long. I'm pretty sure there's fish in there. Judging by the developing fragrance. (I'll sooner set fire to the freezer and push it off the boat ramp into the river.... than clean it.)

I've been trying to get to the bottom of the washing, drying, folding for longer than DS2 has been alive.

I figure there's no point getting the washing off the line til I fold the 2 baskets inside. Or it'll just look messy again.
    I pegged them on Sunday. I could bring them in before they start to fade...

I have a whole day and a half off this week. Half of today and tomorrow. DH is working tomorrow. I start work on Sunday at 8am and wont finish work again until Tuesday at 8am. So I have a whole week of stuff to fit into one day. I have to get my work clothes organised and pack a bag for me to stay for 2 nights. So I need to be organised. I also need to make sure that youngest DD has school uniforms for the week coming. DH will be home Sunday so have decided that he can organise his own work stuff, not my problem.
    I actually managed to get him to cook dinner the other night, seriously you would think that I asked him to cook cordon bleu....it was only basic chow mein! Not hard! Figured he couldn't stuff it up too bad! It was ok, but he missed half the ingredients, so I made him go out and get them and add them, he was not happy!
    Now off to start more washing and pray that I can get it dry by tomorrow!

Today's confession: the sheet is still in the dryer.

Im watching Monkey Dust while the toys lay creatively strewn around the house. Theres always next week.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234