Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Decluttering Demons!

Not quite in the home but I have spent a better part of the weekend decluttering and cleaning the car, I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, It was getting a bit embarrassing. My car seems to be a magnet for dust, all things sticky, lost socks and hair dressing apparel.

WELL DONE!!!!

I desperately need to do my pantry, especially as I'm having a tupperware party soon and plan on doing my pantry over all anal style with modular mates so I need to know what I need and what I don't need.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

I spent thurs and fri deculuttering bedroom, study, spare room and lounge! Gave a heap of things away to friends and brother and a heap to charity and a huge amount to tip!!!!

I so thouraghly cleaned that i was crawling around doing skirting boards!!!!!

Now just have to do laudrey cupboards and ktchen ones and all finished yeah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Niliac View Post
    WELL DONE!!!!

I desperately need to do my pantry, especially as I'm having a tupperware party soon and plan on doing my pantry over all anal style with modular mates so I need to know what I need and what I don't need.
    That's EXACTLY what we've done today Cailin!!

You're having a pantry makeover with tupperware? WOOT! I'll be jealous, you'll probably get yours before me, I'm having my party at the end of November LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Niliac View Post
    You're having a pantry makeover with tupperware? WOOT! I'll be jealous, you'll probably get yours before me, I'm having my party at the end of November LOL
    already delivered and in place - and loving it!

I did the "plastic pot cupboard of doom" today..........DH cracked teh ****s as he says he can never find anything, so I pulled EVERYTHING out, re-sorted the pantry as a result, found my Tupperware jug that I thought was lost.......so I am a happy bunny now........

Major Declutter going here as we are getting ready to get the house ready for sale and to finally move. Getting rid of stuff, but not quite as much I would like. We just have too much stuff!!

Woo Hoo for hard rubbish collections!!! Not only did I get rid of stuff inside the house that has been broken, not used or just plan annoying but we now have HEAPS of room again in the garage!

Hi all,
    I am currently trting to de clutter my 9 yr old DD s bedroom. It is a constant mess and i am forever telling her to clean it, the thing is she just has too much stuff.
    I have been in there all morning, I have gone through her walk in robe and taken out about 2 to 3 garbage bags full of clothes,
    She only sees her Dad occasionaly, mainly once a fortnight if she is lucky and he always buys her bags and bags of junky little bits and pieces, I have asked him not to. I even suggested he save his money and buy her a big thing every now and then if he really feels he needs to.
    Im sure he is trying to buy her affection.
    In the meantime how do i de clutter her stuff
    I have some pics of her room in my gallery under emmas mess

I had to laugh when I found this thread- at least I'm not the only one with a serious clutter problem and a badly hoarding magpie DH!! YAY!! I feel much better now...
    Need to tackle the spare room, cupboard under the stairs, sort out all my clothes, the kitchen... ah the list goes on and on... don't even like to think about the double garage that we can't fit the cars in...

did anyone see Peter Walsh on oprah today? how inspirational!

Yep, I watched it! Luckily I decluttered while I was nesting last year LOL! The worst area was our double garage (just like LoriRae's ), I finally decluttered that a couple of months ago. Now I can fit my car in there, yay!!

Lol Trish I kind of miss those nesting urges... all that extra energy directed solely into cleaning...

DoubleK Guest

i have 3 BOXES of stuff that needs to be taken to an op shop!

does anyone know how i go about it? do i just take it there? or should i ring them up and ask if they want the stuff??

Krystal Ball - It depends on what it is. A lot of op shops don't take electrical goods. They happily take clothing. It's probably worth ringing them first if you are unsure just to save you a trip out.

the Salvo's will often take electrical goods - not for their family stores, but more for their clients in crisis. we basically gutted our house of a lot of excess about 18 months ago - and because friends are involved in the salvo's, they bought a ute and trailer out (three times!) and took stuff away to store ready to use when they had someone in need of it. we had to get rid of heaps when we combined everything from two houses into one - and realised that it just wasn't going to fit!

BG - Really? My BIL used to be a truck driver for the Salvos for donation pick ups and they changed their policy while he was there, but maybe it varies from store to store? The op-shops I have spoken to won't take electrical in case the item is faulty and causes a fire. They can be held liable. It's such a shame in a way because there is probably some great electrical stuff that people don't need any more.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast