Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: QUICK!!! Do it NOW!!! - Daily Challenge

you're on! I so need this ATM.

With the new year just around the corner I think we should get this thread going again....I would suggest something but it's getting towards the end of the day and I am procrastinating lol......

I've got one... If you haven't done it

TAKE DOWN THE CHRISTMAS TREE! LOL Guess what I'm doing for the next half an hour.

one for tomorrow:

my new game is called "Ten Things I Hate About You"

the way you play the game is that every hour on the hour you go into ONE room in your house, you pick up 10 things that DO NOT LIVE in that room, and you deal with them - NOT moving them somewhere else in the house, but dealing completely with them.

eg: looking at my lounge room right now, I would:

* put the empty box into the recycles bin
    * take the empty bottle, clean it and put it on the airer to dry
    * take the 3 cups out of here and put them in the dishwasher
    * put the books on the bookshelf
    * put the toys in the basket
    * fold the throw rug and put it and the feeding pillow at the end of the couch
    * the the remote controlls all next to the TV
    * put the wii step away
    * put all DH's homework papers back in their folder and in the study next to his comp
    * put the nail clippers in my top bedside drawer

the main problem with this game is NOT letting yourself get distracted.

eg: when I take the glasses to the dishwasher, if I see that the dishwasher needs to be unstacked and restacked, I need to not do it now (because then I will end up doing bits and pieces leaving the loungeroom lonesome).

I would put the dishes in the sink, and after I finish 10 things in the lounde, I will empty and restack the dishwasher ... or tackle the kitchen for next hour's 10 things I hate about you!! I have to be strict with myself on this, otherwise I go to put some receipts in their tub, and then I sit down and reconcile all our credit cards, start redoing the household budget, and then 3 hours later, the house still looks like a bomb hit it

what I love about this game is while you don't get the house spotless over the course of the day, you DO make a noticable difference each hour, and you prioritise the 10 kep things which will make each room overall look better

LOVE IT!

Quote Originally Posted by peanutter View Post
    the main problem with this game is NOT letting yourself get distracted.
    Here ^^, however, is my problem LOL
    I'm going to give it a good go though

You could also modify where you put things, for example you might always do your nails in the living room, so you decide to keep a small make up bag out there instead.

my QUICK! DO IT NOW!! challenge for everyone for tomorrow is to write someone a thank you note. It could be your DH/DP, it could be a child old enough to appreciate it (even if you have to read it to them!) or your mum or a friend ... it could be someone here on BB!!

but WRITE it now, and give it to them tomorrow (or call them up and read it to them tomorrow).

let's share the love tomorrow. I know I too infrequently take the time to tell those near and dear to me how much they mean, and how much they have made me who I am today, and who I will be in the future.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234