Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stain Solutions!

Any suggestions on getting sunscreen out of clothes? My youngest applies his own sunscreen at daycare and I think more than half goes on his clothes (though he has enough on his face to act as warpaint LOL).

Normal washing does't work. Neither does soaking them or washing in hot water.

My son has very sensitive skin and even though using Sard soap works, I have to wash the clothes in really hot water twice before he can wear them again.

Anyone know how to get crayon off a hat brim? DD accidentally coloured in her dark blue hat with orange crayon.... Many thanks!

No worries guys, I used some toothpaste on an old soft toothbrush and a bit of water. Viola! Then rinsed under running water to remove the toothpaste, using the brush, and gave the whole hat a quick hand wash to be clean all over. It dried quickly in the Mallee sun, and looks like new.

Default Stain Solutions!

So I have some used once 1000 thread count white sheets that now have blood stains due to DH's psoriasis

Stupid me washed them in hot water not realising that would actually set the stains! Is there anything I can do??

Default Stain Solutions!

Soaking bloodstains in milk before washing is supposed to work.

Default Stain Solutions!

Milk? Really? Never heard of that one, wonder if it actually works!

Default Stain Solutions!

If you don't mind the chemicals I've had success using the Vanish pre wash spray. (pink spray bottle). Washed blood out of DHs white shirt.

I've got that at home Chrispe, my only concern is that it won't work because I have already washed in hot water and set the stain. No harm in giving it a try I guess. I've currently got it soaking in a bucket with bicarb and vinegar and then will cold wash after that. I'll give it a try if that doesn't work!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234