Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stain Solutions!

Mmmm, I found a solution for the pen ink on the white laminate. Don't do anything, but let DD walk all over it with bare feet for a month or two. Without me doing anything, the stains have magically disappeared. I can only assume, DD's feet have rubbed it off over time.

Rockmelon and Nectarine stains, I seem to get rid of them buy soaking them in Aldi's version of Nappisan, but using a stronger ratio than it says on the packet, using water as warm as possible for the item you're soaking and leaving the item to saok for 3 days or so.

Sasa

DH got the permanent marker off the freezer using Glen 20. You cannot see anything.

As for the fridge there is still his masterpiece showing even though we used Glen 20, nail polish remover, white king bleach and hairspray.

Does anyone have a solution for removing large black stains (I think pressed in, dried dirt?) from light-coloured carpet? I've tried vacuumming, cleaning with water and I used a commercial carpet cleaning product. Nothing has worked.

TIA.
    Last edited by Moi; August 24th, 2009 at 11:36 AM.

Like wet dirt thats dried?

I would try baby wipes. They tend to get those marks out for me, or sticky stains that have got dirt on them. Have you tried making a napisan or oxycleaner solution and dab it on then using water and sponge to rinse it out?

Default Martha Stewart Stain Solution Chart

I found this in my Martha Stewart Organising Email this week. Its a handy chart that you can print out and laminate and keep in your laundry. You could even add to it if needed, and bluetac them near the washing machine for easy viewing.

If you google Martha Stewart Stain Chart it will come up

I didn't even knw this thread existed...

Righto my ahem curious 3yo has gotten pink nail polish and pink food dye all over my carpet. Any suggestions???

Use a non acetone nail polish remove on the carpet you can soak a piece of paper towel or cloth and leave it on the area and then wipe and blot with a dry piece of paper towel. (do a patch test first with the remover to be sure it won't bleach the carpet). For the food dye, try club soda and blot with a sanitary pad as it will absorb the moisture and hopefully remove the stain. Let me know if this doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rouge View Post
    Like wet dirt thats dried?

I would try baby wipes. They tend to get those marks out for me, or sticky stains that have got dirt on them. Have you tried making a napisan or oxycleaner solution and dab it on then using water and sponge to rinse it out?
    Yeah I think it's wet dirt that has dried?! I'm not 100% sure but I can't think what else it could be. I'll try the above suggestions thanks.

thankyou Ma'am Rouge, will do.

Ok so when you say removing oil stains from clothes does that go for olive oil too?
    I've got olive oil on a brand new top and my fave most comfy track pants DP very kindly washed them already trying to help, is it too late to get the oil out? Will spraying the kitchen oil spray on then the dishwashing liquid then into the wash work??

Anyone know is there any chance of getting old blood stains out of sheets? just went to change the sheets on our bed and the sheets I went to put on have an stain from last af, I think dh hung the sheets out and I didnt think to get him to check if the stain had come out, so they have dried and been in the cupboard etc. I would love to get it out as they are new sheets!

Any suggestions? Or are they done for?

Soak in cold water overnight, then rub with some good old fashioned soap. Wash in cold water. If it still doesn't work then when it is wet pour some bicarb on the stain and after 15 minutes scrape it off, wet it more and add more bicarb. Do this for an hour and then wash as normal. Or you can soak in a bucket of water with a cup of bicarb and a cup of vinegar over night and wash as normal. Apparently meat tenderiser works if in a paste but if you don't have any just use pineapple juice (dab it on) as the enzymes are similar to meat tenderiser.

Ok

Around the neck on my sons shirts are stained.... It's probably ma mix of banana and spagetti, and maybe a few oil spots.

I want to save them

Help please

Will the wd40 work on the little oily chip spots? I've read the thread

Will bicarbonate be any good on the rest?
    Last edited by Mum2Romone; January 24th, 2011 at 05:39 PM.

I found the best thing for fresh blood stains on carpet is Baby Wipes. Fold the wipe in half, lay it over the top and bash it! The wipe is more absorbent than the carpet so soaks it all straight in.

Eucalyptus oil on sticky gunk. Helps you remove unwanted stickers without damaging the paintwork.

Natural mould killer with 1tsp of Clove Oil in a spray bottle full of water.

thanks for the others.

Help! DD1 has managed to get glue all over her school jacket - I have sprayed with stain remover and washed it in cold water but it hasn't budged Any ideas???

Please help - red lipstick smears on peach-coloured chiffon! :/ Dress still has tags on it and I hope to wear it one day, but the kids were hiding in my wardrobe playing with makeup... it's not a big smear, but it is noticeable - I just haven't touched it for fear of making it worse!

With a mattress I'd get it professionally cleaned. It's not very expensive to have that done.

With removing permanent pen from walls, be careful as magic erasers can remove too much paint with them.

Oil stains if outside - I'd just buy a cheap degreaser spray and hose off.

With leather again you have to take care, you could try home remedies, but I would go and ask where you bought your furniture from.

ok so i have to ask bbefore i do it for oil stains (food) i put more oil i have the spray in the kitchen abd then put dishwashing liquid i only have the cheap aldi stuff plz help its my work shirt

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast