Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you use to make your house smell nice?

When I get time....I like to bake! Nothing like the smell of something baking.

open doors when sunny...i just love the 'smell' of sunshine

baking...mmmm or cooking in general, especially when it's winter and you wanna feel warm and cosy

if i need to create more ambient smell i go for the oil burner and put in a combo of lavender, geranium and mandarin. sooo soothing.

depends on the day really!

i love fresh roast smell, so will roast for the smell lol

on a normal day though, we have the partylite oil diffusers (mulberry and vanilla in the same room), and, if the house hasn't been open in a while, we'll burn some candles. most nights we burn a pillar in the kitchen after dinner (tonight it's iced snowberries), and i change our "display" candles regularly (wiping over the outside of them to "activate" the smells again)

i am somewhat distressed cos my partylity candles (all 8 tubs of them!) had to go in storage at mum's, so i had to choose the smells i want to keep (only enough to restock the holders twice) in advance - i can't do that lol!

I get candles from the US by Sunrise Creek. They come in quite a few flavours, but ones i have are Cinnamon Toast, Choc Chip Cookie, Blueberry Muffin, Sugar Cookie, Birthday Cake, Apple Pie. They are devine!!!!!!!! They make your house smell like youve been baking! I love them. I burn them every day im home.

Dragons Blood is made from the resin of the Dragons Blood palm.

I currently have scented melts that I found when away with Divvy and her boys for a wedding (was looking for a toothbrush actually and found these), they're like the melts from dusk but in little chips.

I either have incense, oils or melts burning. I usually use a few drops of essential oil in bicarb before vaccing, put the same EO onto the filter of the vac cleaner, use the same EO to put a drop or so on each pillow in the loungeroom/bedroom/dining, also use it in the water when I mop the floors. Except right now all I can smell is the smells of the renovations going on next door, behind me etc.

I am looking forward to having partylite candles all around shortly.
    Last edited by Sopdet; July 27th, 2010 at 08:26 PM.

I don't use anything unless I'm vacuuming - then I use the shake and vac stuff - It usually makes the house smell pretty nice

Quote Originally Posted by Cassius2 View Post
    open doors when sunny...i just love the 'smell' of sunshine
    Spring time!!!

I burn incense constantly... I like Sai Baba Sandalwood. I'm a Sandalwood girl. I also like white sage. I also use melts that are made from essential oils. I burn oils, I bath in oils & I also use them to spray around the house. I make up a spray of lavender water when I iron.

I love love love scents - I can't imagine life without my smellies!!!

I have an oil burner from dusk and I buy the melts that go in them. People are always commenting on how nice my house smells
    I got DH to put up a sehlf above our bin so no little hands would be able to reach it (when we get some little hands) and it stops any bad bin smells.

I'm an incense burner too. I used to burn it every day before I met dh. Since then we have built a house which is very open plan and the door/windows are open every day so we are getting plenty of 'sunshine scent' (nice one Cas) I still burn incense but usually will walk around the house with it and then stick it in a pot plant just outside one of the doors so it's more suttle as dh doesn't like it as much as me. I like to do that if people are coming over too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12