Thread: Best way to find egg donor

Default Best way to find egg donor

Hi
    Hoping someone can help, I'm in QLD & have done 9 rounds of ivf/icsi. FS today suggested we try donor eggs. Is there a thread on here to post you are looking for a donor (new and having trouble navigating) I've applied to become a memeber of aussie egg donors today but you have to be a member for a month & make 20 posts before you can post about looking for a donor?

If there is no thread to post on here about looking for a donor, can anyone tell me any other sites.

Help much appreciated!

Thanks

Hi. There are threads here to discuss the experience but not to advertise for eggs. The only places I'm aware of are Aussie Egg Donors and through IVF clinics.

Alternatively, you may like to investigate international options. Some women prefer to go to places like South Africa, Spain, Greece or Thailand for eggs. Google it or read on Aussie Egg Donors site. Your FS should be able to advise you further.

That's right, we can't allow any advertising or soliciting for egg donors on this forum, but you are certainly welcome to ask any questions about the process.
    Wishing you all the best finding a donor

I've noticed in a couple of magazines I've read that they had a couple of ads from women asking for egg donors, maybe that's something you could try?

Thanks all for your help. FS did advise to look & post online etc.... I've found one forum like this one AND you can advertise there you are seeking a donor so thought this site may be the same.

Thanks for the advice!

Welcome bauffysatine.

Melbourne's Child Magazine so that would be Perth's Child, Adelaides Child and so on depending on what state you live in. They have couples adverstising for egg donors in the classified part of the magazine. They have to be approved by Minister for Health in your state. I would contact the Magazine and see how to go about it.
    You can also check out the magazine online at webchild. Not sure if they have the classified bit online though.
    Good luck.

Wishing you all the best. I believe you can advertise on eggdonationaustralia. Xx

Hi,

You can try posting your details on Pride Angel at (link removed by moderator).

Wishing you the best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by bauffysatine View Post
    Hi
    Hoping someone can help, I'm in QLD & have done 9 rounds of ivf/icsi. FS today suggested we try donor eggs. Is there a thread on here to post you are looking for a donor (new and having trouble navigating) I've applied to become a memeber of aussie egg donors today but you have to be a member for a month & make 20 posts before you can post about looking for a donor?

If there is no thread to post on here about looking for a donor, can anyone tell me any other sites.

Help much appreciated!

Thanks
    Last edited by Amity; January 12th, 2012 at 04:38 PM. Reason: link removed by moderator - please read guidelines