Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Donor Conception General Chatter #10

Hi all,
    I hope some of you can make your way over to this poll.

Tickers/Signatures - PLEASE READ & VOTE

Thanks
    Jo

Hi guys, how's everyone faring??
    We're at 'almost but not quite' category! We're waiting for our joint counselling session, then we're right to go!!!
    The nurse mentioned that the FS had pre-authorised our treatment plan upon meeting our counselling requirements. The FSH dose will only be 150. Supposedly this is standard protocol for 1st cycle DIVF. I'm a little disappointed that they don't even semi-tailor the treatment plans according to several variants. My donor's AMH result was 9.3. Despite this, they're only interested in the fact that she's had 3 children so her fertility 'must be ok'! But for over $9000 plus expenses,, meds, etc, we'd all like a little more sureity (or as all 3 of us- DH, our donor & myself) say, we'd like more bang for our buck so to speak!
    Has anyone been though this. I'd love some advice!!

Hi

I hope I am in the correct thread, it doesn't look like anyone has posted here for a while.

We have just started down donor journey so thought this might be a good place to introduce myself, get some support and hear what other people are doing.

We had 5 yrs of trying, with 3 failed ICSI cycles before we conceived our son naturally. We have now been trying again for just over a year. We had two iui's which failed. We have since learned DH has very poor morphology and poor motility.

i can't go down the same 5 year journey again, with endless negative results and disappointments. Emotionally and physically it is too hard. We are doing our last ivf with our own ingredients in November and then hopefully a donor cycle in December. I am not sure whether IUI or IVF but had thought we might start with a IUI for the first month.

We have decided on US sperm as it is of a much better quality than Australian sperm apparently. Our clinic has supplies of US sperm, but with the foreign exchange rate at the moment I am contemplating importing maybe 3 vials and getting the clinic to store them. I spoke to the clinic today and they said that was a good idea.

Anyway, will be interested to see how everyone else is doing and what you are doing, and whether you can offer me any advice on anything as this is all very new to me.

Look fwd to hearing from you.

Hi all, it has been a long time since I ventured in to BB let alone in to DC, who is still pottering around in here?

blizz: you did your stuff with tas ivf didn't you ?. i am going thru them in hobart.
    i spoke to the donor co ordinator the other day to see if donor is an option for me. have an app with bill end of feb.
    good luck to you

JBM, Dr Bill is awesome!!!!!!!, you are in safe hands with him and all of the wonderful women at the clinic, love TAS IVF they are amazing, all the best with your appointment let me know how you get on

thanks blizz
    i have been thru tas ivf before when i did fist IVF/ ICSI but looking at options for 2011 for us.
    fingers crossed for me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12