Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Egg donor

Hun its an amazing gift, but if you donated please do the counselling. Just 11 days ago you were posting about the possibility of a homebirth if/when you have more babies, it sounds to me like you might not be done yet.

I never mentioned not doing the councelling muppity i would do that what ive said not all ivf clinics require your family to be completed. Three ive seen so far require you to have had a child your family doesnt need to be complete.
    I would do the councelling without a doubt

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

She did say she wasn't done yet PZ.

I was an egg donor and I had one more baby after my donation happened. You don't have to have completely finished having your family. If you do decide to go through with this then the clinic will test you for any std's and genetic conditions. They will provide the counselling for you to make sure you understand what is involved and that is why they ask your DH to attend as well. If the counsellor doesn't think you will cope they will put a stop to it.

It is the best feeling in the world to think you could be helping another couple have a family. Good luck hunny

Oh well in that case go for it. I always thought you had to be done with your family one of my besties is a product of a donated egg, it's such a cool gift.

No pz you dont. They prefer you are done but dont have to be, not sure why its a factor though.
    Even if they said i had to be done we wouldnt have another til the twins are 5 so id still be 30ish when i donated

Why do the clinics prefer you to be done with your own child making? I'm not sure I understand that preference from the clinics.

I think it's a wonderful thing you are doing. I expect to be asked by my brother one say and I'd be happy to oblige.

Quote Originally Posted by FabFiona View Post
    Why do the clinics prefer you to be done with your own child making? I'm not sure I understand that preference from the clinics.
    Because of the potential for psychological distress if you experience secondary infertility.

Don't get me wrong - I think it is great that you are thinking about this but the reason that reputable clinics don't encourage people who aren't sure that they have finished their family is to protect them. As was said before, the distress for someone if they donated eggs then find that they have issues themselves can be unbearable. I was talking to someone in just this situation recently where they had 3 kids naturally then donated anonymously and they are now living through hell with several failed IVF attempts and I wouldn't want to see anyone have to go through that.

I completely understand that. But if we have more kids we do, if we dont then we dont.
    I have 4 beautiful earthside bubbas to keep me happy.
    Not saying i dont understand it makes perfect sense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12