Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Egg donor

Default Egg donor

How do i become one?
    We had our issues concieving but ive been blessed with my miracles even those who couldnt stay.
    I want to help others get there well deserved blessings.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

I have a good friend who is an egg donor. She contacted Epworth IVF and donated through them on four occasions. Plenty of women advertise for egg donors in Melbourne's Child magazine. My friend's DH was supportive of her desire to donate eggs but preferred that she did so anonymously, so this is how she came to Epworth IVF. I'm sure if you ring any of the clinics they will point you in the right direction.

Five babies have resulted from my friend's donations. It's such a beautiful and selfless gift.

Just a little note, it is possible to donate anonymously but any children that result in your egg donation will be given your details (similar to adoption) when they turn 18.

You also have to do genetic screening, blood tests (both you and DP) and counselling (both you and DP) and need to have finished your own family.

One ivf clinics website said as im under 35 its totally my choice if i go anon or not. Personally i wouldnt mind either way.
    It also said all i need is to have had a baby OR completed my family but i dont have to have completed my family.
    Im very excited about doing this

Yes, but it's anonymous to the parents, not the child (once they are 18) iykwim.

That wouldnt bother me in the slightest. I just want to give a wonderful gift, i dont see why them knowing my details would be a big deal

Not a big deal at all Just a consideration.

Im so excited to do this

Yep, my GF and her DH are happy for any resulting children to turn up on the doorstep in 18 years to get a sticky at where their DNA came from and they have also explained to their children that mum has donated her eggs so other families can have kids.

As a side note, both my GF and her DH were required to undergo counseling as part of the criteria for acceptance as a donor. I was surprised her DH had to attend the counseling also, but I guess it makes good sense!

Another idea is to keep an eye out in the paper some couples advertise foe egg donors..

What a wonderful gift.

You also need to have finished your own family and have the consent of your husband.

Quote Originally Posted by nickle730 View Post
    As a side note, both my GF and her DH were required to undergo counseling as part of the criteria for acceptance as a donor. I was surprised her DH had to attend the counseling also, but I guess it makes good sense!
    I was going to say psychological evaluation is extremely important. It's not something you just do on a whim.

You can apply for membership to Aussie Egg Donors which has some fantastic FAQ's on how to go about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Divvy View Post
    You also need to have finished your own family and have the consent of your husband.
    Not all ivf clinics require this

They might say that in their websites, but generally they do expect it. It's not law, but that's so they can work around extraordinary circumstances. All this gets sussed out in the interviews. They are incredibly thorough.

Quote Originally Posted by ~*MrsS*~ View Post
    Not all ivf clinics require this
    But why would anyone want to donate without their husband's consent? Personally I would want to put my husband before a family I have never met and if he felt strongly against egg donation then I wouldn't consider it. Considering the hormone regime to collect eggs I would think that one's husband would deserve a warning that you're going to be hormonal.

Onyx i meant about finishing your family, hubby is on board with my decision.

Why would you want to go through a clinic that didn't have the most rigorous testing and counseling? It is all in place for very good reason and to protect you and your family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast