thread: I'm about to donate

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2007
    Melbourne

I'm about to donate

After many many months, my egg recipient and I are now at the stage of getting ready to sync our cycles!

We started this journey in April and it's been quite a long process but the end is near (well the end of my part of the journey).

So in about 6 weeks give or take I should be getting ready to have my eggs removed.

Just wanted to share this news as I'm excited but nervous for the donor couple should it not work (they have tried other egg donors in the past with no successful pregnancies).

Best go take that folate tablet while I remember...

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Dec 2008

Good luck xx

Nov 2009
    Scottish expat living in Geelong

Best of luck for you and your recipient family xx

Jan 2004
    Melbourne, Australia

Good luck. Bet the donor family are just as excited! keep us posted on how it goes.

BellyBelly Member
    Add No.5 on Facebook

Jan 2007
    Brisbane

Such a precious thing to do for someone. Best of luck, hope they get their long awaited bub.

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2007
    Melbourne

Re: I'm about to donate

I have 20 eggs ready for collection!

I had my scan this morning as I have been taking the nose spray and injections for the past week and I have 20 eggs waiting in there! Collection is scheduled for Monday and then the recipient will have her transfer done on Wednesday. Then the rest is hopefully her successful journey. It was great calling her afterwards with the news and I am happy we got that many eggs.

BellyBelly Member

May 2007
    Otago, NZ

You are a star doing such an amazing thing for some lucky people!

May 2008
    Melbourne, Vic

What a wonderful gift. I hope the pick up goes well.