Thread: Single, 7 failed IVFs, considering egg donor, need some support

Default Single, 7 failed IVFs, considering egg donor, need some support

Hi,
    I've been trying to conceive via IVF/ICSI for 2 years, total of 7 rounds so far. It's just me, no partner, as I started trying to conceive when I found out at 32 that I had very low fertility for my age, and time was running out. Nothing has worked so far and I am getting near what feels like a dead end. As a result of my story so far I've become much stronger in some ways, and much more depleted and exhausted and jaded in others!

I am not yet out of money but that is a definite consideration. I got very low numbers of eggs at pick ups (2-3 average, 5 was a world record!). But I got an embryo transfered from each one and as they say 'you only need one'. Sadly the closest I've got has been a chemical pregnancy. That feels special now because it might be the closest I ever get to being pregnant. Not much, but it's something. The last ISCI I was on the top dose of medications and we didn't even get one egg at pick up

Where I'm at now is I'm trying to work out if it's worth taking another (not very high) chance on another ISCI round - I have a new sperm donor so who knows... - or just give up having my own child and embark on a new long and painful journey eg. egg/embryo donation or, down the track even adoption. Being adopted myself, I have always dreamed of having my own genetic child, but I've learnt that life's a lottery, fertility-wise, so it's not about what's fair

Anyway, I'd welcome support and advice from anyone who has any experience/ advice about going the egg donor route. My clinic Melbourne IVF says you need to find your own egg donor but I've noticed Monash IVF can offer imported eggs via the World Egg Bank. Are there huge waiting lists for clinic recruited donated eggs? Do people have any success putting ads in the papers, or is there too much demand and not enough supply? It's so hard to know what to do next. The only certainty is that every way I turn is a big mountain!

Thanks, look forward to being on this forum and hearing people's experiences.

Default Re: Single, 7 failed IVFs, considering egg donor, need some suppo

Welcome to BB, sorry to hear of your struggles, all the best with what you decide,

Thanks TT40, much appreciated

Brisbane - where it is never like it should be.

Pity your in Melbourne. My sis is an egg donar but she is in Brisbane. Good luck

Welcome! I'm sorry to hear your journey has been so difficult so far! I hope you can find some others who can offer advice and support on here

Thanks for the positive words Beautiful Disaster and Ocean Princess. There's plenty of stories to read on the forums to get me started