Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bought double mountain buggy from ebay but item not as described

Exactly. It is not as described. It is a completely different model. I think you should be entitled to a full refund.

Wow. That's awful!!!! I really hope eBay can help you out. She has mega bad attitude!

What a rude cow! Don't back down!

What a cow!
    I hope you can get a full refund

I doubt the person she contacted through eBay even said what she has told you. Why would she have closed the case? Probably cause she knows she's in the wrong...

That's pretty bad - and so, so rude on her part. I'd continue to pursue all avenues of dispute available to you (paypal & ebay if you can do both). My husband has forbid me from purchasing things for DS on ebay because of this (see prior post re: playpen) - he just thinks it's more hassle than it is worth. I don't necessarily agree, as you can get good deals, but when it doesn't work out it is such a PITA.

Would you reply to her asking her to address the wrong model issue? Or would you wait for her reply about the handlebar refund first? Or would you just escalate it to a claim now and let paypal review it? I can't return the pram until Sunday week, as we already have plans this Sunday (Sat can't do for religious reasons, but don't want to tell her than considering her attitude), but don't want to be called lazy, so I'm hoping the process will take about a week before it is finalised and that way it will be a few days before we return in (although I will get DH to, I don't want to face her... He said the few times he spoke to her about organising pickup she was really b****y on the phone...)

DH thinks I should just let it go and it isn't worth the stress, so I don't think he will want to return it, he thinks the pram is fine, but I wanted the better model.

Anyone tried out both and have an opinion?

At this point I wouldn't want to deal with her any more & based on what you've said, I really don't think you will get anywhere with her - she has the $ in her account, I'd be surprised if she even responds - so I'd just dispute it via paypal and ebay. I am sure that going down this path will take more than a week (but that's an assumption, not based on experience). Also, your DH advice is good - don't let this stress you out (I'd be stressed too, but my DH would be saying the same). It's very annoying (and wrong on her part), but it's not worth driving yourself batty.

There is nowhere she refers to it as an Urban! What a fibber. She leaves Elite off when talking about the rain cover- that's it. I'd go for the incorrect model/full refund claim. you have not been provided with the product described. Simple.

Grr I'm mad for you. Lazy for not coming during the week?? WTF?!

Take it higher asap as she has been outright dishonest. She knows this so will not make it easier for you in any shape or form. Also ebay nneds to know of dishonest prectices as their reputation depends on having a good name and helping when things go wrong.

Depending on where you live and where it has to go back to, pm me as I might be able to help.

I am in Caulfield and she lives in Mill Park

And I am sort of inbetween

I'm sorry but with the amount of pictures she had, there was NO pictures showing the damage on the handlebar, even though she had a few similar pictures. When she talked about the handlebars, didn't mention it either.

She also said the wheels were all NEW! So why are they deflating!?

Same with the price! She wrote HERSELF that Its worth $1200 when the elite is worth that much! Also the fact that it says ELITE twice, once in the title MAYBE, as it happened to me, because eBay automatically chose, but I made it VERY clear in the listing the title was wrong..

This lady is definitely trying to rip people off...

Gosh this lady is a b*tch...
    Last edited by xXHopeXx; June 3rd, 2011 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivlas View Post
    Take it higher asap as she has been outright dishonest. She knows this so will not make it easier for you in any shape or form. Also ebay nneds to know of dishonest prectices as their reputation depends on having a good name and helping when things go wrong.

Depending on where you live and where it has to go back to, pm me as I might be able to help.
    I agree here - she is a fraud. You can't go around false advertising something then expect people just to suck it up. She is being nasty b/c she is hoping you back down. Stand your ground & push this with eBAY & palpal etc.... She probably had used bully tactics before & gotten away with it & thinks she can do it again.

I have posted this, so I'll see what she says

You have not addressed the issue of selling this as the elite model (including listing the RRP of the Elite), despite the fact it is not. I think the best way to proceed for both of us is for me to return the item to you for a full refund, which will allow you to relist this item with the correct description.

Great! I'd only give her a day and then keep escalating the paypal claim. The "elite" is NOT a typo!

I can't believe this lady - This is what she wrote to me:

I was going to contact you and let you know that that is actually what I wanted as I'm not willing to give it to you any cheaper anyway.This will however need to wait as I have put forth a dispute against you in regards to damage to the pram that has obviously happened after it left our premises.This includes the handlebars as well as there being a slow leak on a tyre that is brand new.You are welcome to bring the pram back in fact I think that they reccommend this due to the fact that as a seller I have the right to inspect the pram for any damage before a refund is given.Paypal still holds the refund until they have investigated and come to a resolution.The reason I am doing this is the fact that you first complained about the model of the pram, using that you wanted money from me to fix an issue that was as clear as day on my listing and for another issue (handlebars) that I wasnt aware of at all. When I compromised and said that I would give you money to get new handlebars even though I think that you have somehow done the damage thinking this would offset the difference in price between the two model prams you are still not happy which leaves me to believe that there was no pleasing you unless you got a ridiculous amount back for the pram.So it is best for the pram to come back and for paypal to hold the refund until the damage has been checked out and they come to a final decision.I'm sure you will soon be contacted by ebay in regards to this.ThanksKimberley
    and then she wrote this to paypal, and she escalated the claim:

Hi I have been discussing an issue with a buyer and I have decided to give a refund and get my pram back but I have put a complaint into ebay as the buyer has mentioned two issues with the pram that I was not aware of.They are saying there is a slow leak in one tyre, they are brand new and I had it sitting in my dining area for three months and there was no problems with them.They are also saying there is damage to the handlebars which is just simply not true!!!!I listed all of the damage as well as included photos and there was nothing wrong with the handlebars so before a refund is granted I would like this investigated which ebay will do.I am hoping that you also investigate as I have never experienced people like this before.Please read all of my communication with the buyer and get back to me.Please Help Me!!!Kind RegardsKimberley
    I don't even know what to write back. It is my word against hers - I got the pram and the front left tyre was completely deflated, not even a tiny bit or air in it. And I didn't say there was a slow leak, I said it appeared to be (they just don't seem to stay ultra full like my p&t do).. And the handlebar damage was there when I picked it up. She is claiming that I'm ridiculous and trying to scam money out of her. In her first response, I don't understand what she is saying "is as clear as day" and there is no way I'm going to give the pram back to her without having the money, because then I could be left with nothing. Help - what would you do?
    Last edited by Yael; June 5th, 2011 at 09:32 PM.

No help with anything else but I think she was saying that the missing caps were "clear as day" in the photos (they weren't really!).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast