Thread: EBAY- Buying from Overseas?

Default EBAY- Buying from Overseas?

Hi there

When i have used ebay in the past I have always bought from Australian sellers, dunno why, just the way it has worked out I suppose.

This time around, the product I want to purchase, which is electrical/gaming, seems to be cheapest from the Hong Kong Sellers. By all appearances they look genuine, in the box, sealed etc but I am still unsure as to whether I should chance it or not.

So has anyone purchased from HK sellers? Should I trust them anymore or less then Aussie sellers? I am so confused!

We have purchased heaps of things from HK (from eBay sellers) with no probs. I hate to say it, but I would be sceptical of the item being a genuine brand though .

What I do is look at their feedback - make sure they have been selling for a long time and have a good rep. I cut and paste the title of the item I'm interested in and do a search for it in their feedback. This makes it easier to find feedback from people who have bought the same item ITMS.

I'd highly recommend googling the company name, because you can find out if they've been called something else before. We bought a few box sets of dvd's from a HK company that I'd found on ebay, and when they arrived and we watched them, it was obvious they were pirate copies It wasn't til then that I googled them, and found they had a reputation for it, and whenever the exposure got too much they'd change names. Bad stuff!

ive bought heaps of stuff from hk/china..all of its been fine.. ive always checked their reputation though!

I think it depends on what the product is, description, and price.

There are some products which are more likely to be non genuine brands.

Check out feedback. You can use online tools which will search a sellers negative feedback only. Saves heaps of time scrolling through all the feedback.