Thread: Ebay - need help

Default Ebay - need help

A couple of weeks ago I ordered two toddler backpacks for my twins off ebay. In an email following the sale I specified a pink rabbit bag, and a green frog bag. The seller confirmed they were in stock before I paid.

Fast forward to today, and the bags arrive. A green frog bag and a yellow bumble bee bag. There was a note saying she sent me random ones because I never responded to her messages. I have checked my email, including the junk folder, and my ebay account but I never got any messages. I have a pink obsessed little girl who will not prefer a bumble bee at all.

I have emailed her and said I got no messages but she said she sent them to my ebay account. She has offered to send me a pink rabbit bag straight away if I pay again, and will refund the cost of one bag when the bumble bee arrives back with her. I will of course have to pay heaps more postage.

So what do I do? Pay again for another bag? Send them both back and just get something from target? Or keep the bags and persuade my girl that pink is not the bee (see my wee joke there :lol) all and end all? I need to decided ASAP, would appreciate your opinions

Trav
    xx

Do you still have the email with the sellers confirmation that they were in stock? I would forward it to her and say she needs to send it NOW as they are for Xmas, and to include a postpak or Express bag to return the other one in. As long as you can back yourself up, eBay will favour you and she knows that. I really wouldn't pay for another bag and postage - she already seems untrustworthy, you'd likely end up with an extra bag you can't use and didn't want in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Keike View Post
    Do you still have the email with the sellers confirmation that they were in stock? I would forward it to her and say she needs to send it NOW as they are for Xmas, and to include a postpak or Express bag to return the other one in. As long as you can back yourself up, eBay will favour you and she knows that. I really wouldn't pay for another bag and postage - she already seems untrustworthy, you'd likely end up with an extra bag you can't use and didn't want in the first place.
    Yes, if the seller said was in stock then they should have sent you that. Don't pay any more postage! Good luck!

Thanks Keike. I am sitting here more and more upset at the prospect of not having both bags for Christmas, or giving girltwin one that I know she will not love as much, so have emailed the seller requesting a full refund and I will send both bags back. Will see what she says and just go shopping at target for some replacements.

Be very upfront about it, I have found sellers will respond to your problem straight away if you say you will resolve the problem through eBay and leave negative feedback, as no one wants this.... Demand she send the right one express post for Xmas, and to include a postage bag, for you to return her item, and state, that you don't believe you should even have to pay for the bag, as it is clearly their mistake.

I am a seller and buyer and as a buyer have had an item replaced and refunded because of this best of luck

thanks crazylady and M2R, but I have decided I don't want to deal with her as she is either a liar or unable to work the message function on ebay, neither of which fill me with confidence that she will get a new bag to me in time. Will post the bags back today

As hard as it is hun, I think you're right - send both back and walk away. You don't need to deal with people like that... not when it's pressies for the kids.

I was in Kmart last week, and saw that they had heaps of bags in there if that helps xo