Thread: Gumtree & Paypal

Default Gumtree & Paypal

Does anyone buy off gumtree? If you do, do you use paypal... I know on ebay to sell you need PP set up, but do you with gumtree?

I tried selling a car years ago, but found there were some pretty dodgy people on there...

I'm looking at the Samsung Kids tablets, so something easy to post... But is there a way to know you're getting what it says without viewing it yourself? Ebay has a lot more protection, but higher prices for what I want. I've not bought from Gumtree before, & not sure I'm game enough.

Default Re: Gumtree & Paypal

Never buy anything on Gumtree that requires postage... general rule of thumb. There are so, so many scams.

If you must, make sure you use ONLY PayPal, and not gifted, so you can get your refund if necessary. If you get the item and it doesn't work, you will have no recourse. I personally wouldn't do it.

I use Gumtree often, never had an issue buying or selling, and I only deal locally with people who can or allow pick up.

Ok. Might pass then. Don't really want to take the risk.

Thanks

Im with limeslice. Because gumtree is free there are a lot of dodgy people.

I tend to only search locally as well and sell locally and meet up at a busy shopping centre or something.

Btw, off topic, the samsung kids tablet was on sale at bing lee a few weeks ago for $99 (s3). If you dont mind paying for a new one that is older version, id keep an eye out for sales (which usually ends up being cheaper than ebay!!)

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Yes I have sold things in there. I insist on paypal to pay as you are protected.

Quote Originally Posted by Mum2SweetCs View Post
    Btw, off topic, the samsung kids tablet was on sale at bing lee a few weeks ago for $99 (s3). If you dont mind paying for a new one that is older version, id keep an eye out for sales (which usually ends up being cheaper than ebay!!)
    I've been looking all over the net for sales for over a week, so keeping my eye out. Hadn't thought of Bing Lee though! Thanks

Also, just remember most places price match nowadays and officeworks price beat so if you find a cheap sale remember to ring and see if anyone is willing to price match/beat!

I've got an audiosonic tablet from kmart, only $69. Not sure if they post though - if not, I'm due for a decent drive, I can bring it to you