Thread: I think I've done the wrong thing - what should I do now?

Default I think I've done the wrong thing - what should I do now?

I listed my 2nd thing on eBay last week and I'm worried that I've stuffed up the postage on the listing and now I don't know what to do. The listing ends this afternoon.

It's a cricket memorabilia thing - its quite big and exceeds Australia posts sizing for parcels. So I was confused about how to calculate postage and the listing wouldn't let me select courier without a figure.

In the end I listed the item as free pick up, and free postage - then I wrote in the description that a private courier will be necessary and will be at the buyers expense.

Someone (that hasn't bid) has emailed me overnight saying that the way it's listed he thinks that the buyer is going to demand free postage and eBay will be forced to side with the buyer because I've listed it wrong in the main details.

Is this correct?
    Can I change it?

Please help!!

**Sent from my phone using Tapatalk.

Personally if it were me and you have stated in the listing that a courier is to be organised at the buyers expense then i would think you should be ok.
    We had an item that said NO POSTAGE and someone requested a courier, i said NO we wont be sending it unless HE organised it from his end.
    Maybe you can contact e-bay customer support?

can you give us the link? not sure if you can in here, otherwise the item number?

Then we can go have a quick read and let you know what we think?

I'm not sure what the item number is so this is the link. I'd love to know what you think.

ETA - i have deleted the link - im happy to pm it to anyone that can help.

Last edited by ~Ash~; March 17th, 2012 at 09:17 AM.

Yes I think the buyer would have a case for free postage as not only is it in the postage details but there is a wee star on the photo saying "Free Postage" which could be a factor in someone bidding.

However that is a commercial link so you are going to have to take it off BB please

Thanks trav - I've deleted the link.

What should I do about it? I can't modify the ad or anything now that there is a bid I don't think.

I'm pretty sure you can remove the listing even with a bid. I did that once because I checked over something I thought was fine and discovered it was broken. If you say something like you've discovered something missing etc then you can pull it but still pay listing fees I think.

failing that; (I know you're not supposed too), could you figure out what postage would cost (roughly) and get a friend to bid at your reserve plus the potiential postage cost? (with the understanding that if it doesn't go any higher that they would not actually have to purchase).

I would try and remove the listing, and if you can PM the bidder to state your error. If not amend the listing so the title says "Error in this listing" and remove all photos, etc. Then nobody else will bid and you can just communicate with the high bidder to state your error.

Thanks so much for the help - the item has jumped in bids since I made this thread and it's well over the reserve now - it will cover postage so I'm happy to cover it now if that's how it ends up. Thanks again!!

Must be a relief!

oh such a relief! i always find selling on ebay stressful...so much to think about!