Thread: Quick eBay sellers question

Default Quick eBay sellers question

Hi there, just after some advice. I am selling a pram on eBay. The listing is open at the moment and the auction still has 4 days to go. I have had one bid on the item. I have had an eBay buyer message me offering me a price that I am seriously considering accepting. Can I do this? How do I go about it? What happens to the person who is winning the bidding at the moment? Thanks so much for any help/advice

I don't think you can withdraw it if it has a bid on it, because you've basically entered into a contract. I gather they want to buy it now rather than bidding and waiting 4 days?

Once an item has a bid you cant withdraw the item. Just reply to the message saying something like, as the item already has a bid I am unable to accept your offer, however you are more than welcome to place your offer as a bid.
    Good luck!

Yeah thats the issue. I really hate when people offer you a 'buy it now' price in the middle of the auction, and usually just say no straight away, but she has offered me a really generous price. What should I do?

Oh sorry ubba, we were posting at the same time. I guess that's what I'll have to do I really hope the auction reaches the amount she offered me or I'll be spewing!

I suppose you could get friends to bid on your pram to inflate the price up to what she would pay and then tell her to bid on it, but I'm not sure how legal that is...

I like it keike, I like it

Quote Originally Posted by ubba82 View Post
    Once an item has a bid you cant withdraw the item. Just reply to the message saying something like, as the item already has a bid I am unable to accept your offer, however you are more than welcome to place your offer as a bid.
    Good luck!
    I would say that as well.. i am pretty sure once a bid has been placed you can't change anything except to add more photo's or details

Be aware of different options to send out your items and calculating postage costs