Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What type of eBayer are you?

Default What type of eBayer are you?

Getting a bit more involved in eBay these days and after getting sniped on a dress I really wanted it got me wondering how does everyone else bid on eBay.

Do you just enter your maximum bid and forget about?
    Do you wait till the last minute and bid?
    Do you use sniping software?
    Do you watch/stalk?

Must admit I do prefer to just set my maximum bid and leave it, but with boring Sunday nights it is interesting waiting to see what is still going at a reasonable price and then placing a bid.

Don't like being sniped, but then again I had entered my maximum bid.

I find that if you bid long before the time is up, you just bump up the price. Also if you use your maximum bid straight away, it's likely someone will override that and bid a bit more...
    I try and put the last bid in last minute and have won several items at awesome prices... I have the price I want to pay and which is a bit higher than the highest bid already typed up and I press enter when there is only 10 seconds left

Good luck and have fun

I don't use sniping software and get really annoyed when I know I have been sniped.
    I usually enter my maximum bid at the start and if I really want it and know the value I may increase if I get out bid, not always though.
    I watch quite alot so that way I know what items I am interested in and don't necessarily need or want now go for.
    I rarely wait till the last minute unless it's something I suddenly come across for in a search and place a bid. As in I haven't watched it and then put in a last minute bid.

TBH I prefer more of the buy it now items these days. When I go to eBay I am usually looking for a specific item and know what I want to pay, I don't like the thrill of the chase, prefer just to buy it, pay for and get it.

I recently purchased a Little Golden Book-Betsy McCall Paper Dolls. It's in original condition with doll and clothes pages in tact. It's probably one of my prized purchases and I will be keeping it for DD when she is old enough to appreciate it. I got for $20 including postage, I have seen it on Amazon for between $30-$50 US dollars not including postage.

Depends how much I want the item. If its something that there's a million of, then I watch until the day off then put in my max bid and leave it at that.

If its something I really want, or there's only a couple listed, I wait until about 40 seconds before it ends and put my bid in.

I always enter an odd amount. If I would be willing to pay $1.50 for something, for example, I'll bid $1.57. That seven cents could mean the difference between winning and losing

I'm a hover and hit refresher (cause sometimes the countdown thingo doesn't work on my connection). And yeah, put a last second bin in and then if I win, usually yell something like, 'beat you suckers' at the screen.

I'm a last 5 seconds bidder!

I have no life, therefore I can do that I guess

But, I sell more than I buy on eBay...and always have my items ending on a Sunday night after 8pm (I figure most parents have the kids tucked away in bed so they can get ready to bid then as well!) ... I LOVE watching people snipe my items! hehe I have 26 things ending tonight and I can't wait to see the bidding wars!

Reading this I realise I really need to get a life....wonder if eBay sells that?!?!

I will put a low bid when I first see it, the I will watch and see how it goes. If I really want it then i will bid again with a min to go and then leave it until the last moment possible. The key to that though is knowing how fast your computer and internet work because sometimes if you leave it one sec too long, you will miss out.

I have used sniping software and felt like a cheat, so now I just watch until the last day and put in my max bid. I don't want to spark a bidding war, so that's why i like the wait and see approach.

sniping software all the time here. If I bid manually I ALWAYS go back and go over my limit.
    This way if its over my limit then no bid, but its too late for me to increase my limit

I just do a maximum bid and leave it. If it is meant to be, it is meant to be. If not then I'm sure there will be others.

What is Sniping software?

Im one of those people who watch until the last minute then bid an odd number. But mainly cos the stuff I want there is always 67million other people also want it.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophic View Post
    What is Sniping software?
    Yes what?

OMG I have spent $400 on ebay this week although I have bought about 20 baby clothes items etc.

I normally put a maximum bid in, but I do find myself watching it quite a bit as well.

Aim x

I bid in the dying seconds with an odd number. It's an amazing high I get when I win

I hate sniping software, I feel like its cheating and refuse to use it I hate being sniped.

I enter a set amount, usually a price I think is high enough to win but still a good deal for me. If I am outbid, and I really want the item, I will go with slightly higher increments until I sit at a price I think is fair. If it goes beyond that, eh, good on the person who was willing to pay over or same as retail plus postage I say

I think I could see myself buying too much if I used sniping software, as I would set many and then forget about them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast