Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you have an ebay buyer come to your home to inspect what you're selling?

Default Would you have an ebay buyer come to your home to inspect what you're selling?

Ok, so the title pretty much says it all. I'm selling our old pram and the person who is the highest bidder has just sent a request asking to come and inspect it. DH thinks I should organise to meet them at a park or cafe... But I spent hours cleaning this damn pram and really don't want to take it out. I tend think that if DH is home and I bring the pram out onto the verandah for them to look at it, it should be fine.

But, what would you do?

Yep, i would let them come to the house. what is dh scared of?

His thing is we don't know who they are... Which is true, but they're buying a pram for goodness sake! I really doubt serial killers scout out their victims by shopping for prams on ebay!

Make them come at a time when he is home too. But I have always had people come to pick things up from the house and I have it right by the front door to take out to the verandah.

Yeah if possible, Ide want to inspect a pram off ebay before buying it too.

For items like that I think it is reasonable for them to know exactly what it is like before they buy it. If you have your DH home and the pram close by then I think it would be fine.

Yeah, that's what I tend to think. Her bid is already up to $510. If I was buying a second hand pram I'd definately want to look at it first and make sure everything worked. I also put on the ad that I was happy for people to inspect prior to the auction ending, so I'm not suprised they've asked.

if i was buying, i'd want to have a look! i agree with the PPs that if your DH is home & you have the pram close to the door, it shouldn't be a problem

Yes I would let them but I would make sure DH was home too. I sold DS's pram on ebay last year and have sold numerous things as pick up only and the people have always been really nice and I end up wondering why I was so worried about strangers coming to our home. Its good to be cautious so I dont blame your DH but am sure you have nothing to worry about. Good luck.

If they didn't inspect it would they be coming to your house to pick it up anyway? I don't see the harm in it - but it's a personal decision to have strangers in your house and definitely something that you DH should be happy with before you do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sold our old pram through ebay, one couple came to have a look but weren't the ones who ended up buying it. That being said, I made DH deal with it all as it made me too emotional

Probably not, you never know what kind of fruit loop might show up!

Probably not, but I don't even like my friends visiting half the time

If your DH can be there, it's probably the best option. $500+ is a lot to spend on something you've never really "seen".

I would for an excy item like that, for a $10 item no!

Sounds reasonable - we sold a treadmill on ebay for $800 bucks and were happy for the winning bidder to come and see it (then take it after they handed over the cash!!). Its really no different to selling stuff the old fashioned way, through the paper where people came to pick stuff up rather than it getting posted

on a journey called life, finding our way home

definatly! I have also sold and brought things from homes. If someone said to me you cant come and have a look I would think they are hiding something.

Quote Originally Posted by maybebaby2012 View Post
    Probably not, you never know what kind of fruit loop might show up!
    Really? Why is everyone other than oneself deemed to be a frootloop or non desirable these days? I find it quite sad just how quick we all are to find fault in others these days, if they don't conform to our ideal of a person. (and I am speaking generally and to myself as well).

I had a bloke come and inspect a coffee table. I was on my own. Didn't think twice about it TBH.

At the end of the day, the police could trace them through their computer stuff. Am sure they know that too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast