Thread: Help Velcro baby starts daycare next week

Default Help Velcro baby starts daycare next week

Apart from the fact that I myself am extremely anxious that my 8mo Velcro baby and 2yo ds will be starting daycare 3dsys a week net week how do I help ease them into it ds has already been doing 1day a week this year so I'm not too concerned about him but I'm worried about dd she is very clingy and I have PND so my anxiety about letting them both go is through the roof should I just put her straight in for the whole day or build her up to it and start with a few hours or something??

Default Re: Help Velcro baby starts daycare next week

Do you have the flexibility to start with a shorter day or are you returning to work so don't have the flexibility?

I have 2 months before I start work I thought I'd use the time to get the kids settled first and join a fitness group to help with my PND recovery before I have to return to work

Personally then I would use the time you have to build up to a full day. She may surprise you and adjust faster than you thought. My second child adapted much faster than my first. She had been going in and out during my maternity leave when dropping off/picking up DD1.

Good luck

we also started with half days, and I told the carers repeatedly to call me if DD was upset at any time (I was on campus though)
    DS started easily, as DD was at the same centre.