Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Homeschooling Discussion & Experiences #1

Hello familyof3! Check out the 'Homeschool Australia' website and FB group. LOTS of info on everything there!

What you 'have' to do depends on what state you're in. I only really know about QLD but haven't registered yet anyway because my DD1 is only 4.

Hi ladies
    Im in WA. I have already joined the homeschool Australia fb group (didn't waste any time hehe)So will have to have a read through. Ive already called the district office of EDU and there sending me out a information package, I told the woman all we have dealt with and the lack of outcomes and she said she isn't surprised we are looking at homeschooling. She gave me some contacts that I will look into as well. And said that if I wanted after reading the information she sends out she will get (cant remember the name/term she used).....an assessor (?) To phone me so I can ask questions if need be.

So ive made a start so far. Just don't know what to do while we wait for all the information to get here. Ive already told the school that at the moment ds wont be being sent to school and why. One of his teachers said she will leave a work pack for him at the front office. Hmm My mind going 1000miles lol

I'm in Vic (and my eldest is only 4), but from what I've read so far, if your son is already in school you should probably go to a GP and get some sort of medical exemption from school to cover the time between taking him out and becoming registered for homeschooling. If he's that far behind in his schooling I'm assuming that a GP would be able to give an exemption like that for some sort of mental health reason... That should cover you legally if the Department of Education decide to chase up his school absences.

Best of luck on your journey. I hope things improve dramatically for your son and that you both find homeschooling really rewarding

So paper work has been filled out sending it off today. wooo homeschooling here we come

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516