Thread: Mathseeds + Reading Eggs

Default Mathseeds + Reading Eggs

DD2 is behind (a lot at that) in maths, reading and writing. A friend of DH has suggested using the eggs and maths program. I am currently using the 2 week trial, but wonder if it's worth paying for 12 months?

Also using it for DD1 and DS... Will be expensive $280, but hopefully XH will go halves

Default Re: Mathseeds + Reading Eggs

We get a subscription to reading eggs through our school, I think it's a great interactive program! I've never heard of mathseeds though so not sure on that. Are you sure you don't get access through your school?

No, our school does Mathletics but DD2 doesn't understand it and it's not as fun either

My ex DH paid for a subscription to mathsonline for my boys. Seems to be a good program. They are 7 and 9. Don't know how much it was. We also do free mathletics through the school which also seems beneficial. My youngest struggled a bit but after a few months intensive at home mathsonline and mathletics, he seems to be up to date, if not ahead with the 'average'.

With my youngest reading I found personally for him letting him sit by himself and read a big book (age appropriate) helped a lot. It was almost like encouraging him to read alone at an advanced level helped him get to an 'average' level. We are also very regular (every night except weekends, no buts) with his take home book which I'm sure helps immensely.

Rosetti how old is DD2? I try to teach my kids now at 7 and 9, that learning won't always be fun but instead a necessity. The fun can come at the end when they beat a high score and/or earn a treat for doing their homework? Or something like that might help?

Look into study ladder, the do multiple subjects for $88 for unlimited kids.
    I'm looking at it atm fir DD2

I guess you can only judge it by how your child responds to the trial. I have found it great for my DS - he whizzed through about 8 maps in 6 weeks and then dropped it as suddenly as he began but he had enough reading skills to be able to carry on by himself. On the other hand I have had friends with children that got bored after a couple of minutes. Like any of those things they are good for some but not for others. We had a quick go at Maths Seeds but they only had beginner maths when it was first released and he was already past it. It did look like a good format though.

So at full price the first child would be $80 and the subsequent children would be $40 if you signed up at the same time so it would be $160 for all three. There are discounts around though - try googling Reading Eggs discount, or trawl through some homeschool websites - they often are free to join and have a host of discounts for online learning resources.

Quote Originally Posted by *Jessica* View Post
    Rosetti how old is DD2? I try to teach my kids now at 7 and 9, that learning won't always be fun but instead a necessity. The fun can come at the end when they beat a high score and/or earn a treat for doing their homework? Or something like that might help?
    DD2 is 6.5 years.

To sign all 3 up for reading eggs + Mathseeds is $280, might be better if I can find some codes

Ill look into study ladder, if not heard of it before

I just got an email from mumgo website with 50% off both of these, could be worth checking out.

I got the email too, perfect timing!

Mathseeds and reading eggs are amazing. I am a huge fan (but haven't looked at others). If you let the trial expire you will receive various offers - I subscribed when it was pay for reading eggs, get mathseeds free.

We use study ladder too. My son was struggling and caught up very quickly and my other son is advanced and we are able to choose the more interesting topics for him as it doesn't only cover maths ( has English, science, art history, currency, etc and at $88 a year it's great value for those with more than one child.