Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who does drop off/pick up?

Me. Even when DH is home (shift worker).
    I like the social aspect, he doesn't.

DD is in preschool (or 3-4 year old kinder/long day care etc) 3 days a week - when I was working (now on mat leave) I did drop off (DF starts work at 7am) and DF did pick up (I worked late). Now that I am on mat leave he said I should do pick ups too (how sweet of him LOL) but DD would have none of that and says that Daddy still has to pick her up.

When she starts school (2015) I will do drop off and she will go to after school care until DF can pick her up.

I do mon-thurs and dh does Fridays most weeks snd he will surprise dd with a pick up if he can every now and then. I like the social aspect too, but dh is home and a Friday and dd loves him taking her he also helps in the classroom a couple of times a term.

I do it 99% of the time. DH starts work at 7.15am and doesn't get home until at least 5.30pm. The few times he has managed to do it, DS was so excited. We have quite a few dads at our school that do it.

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Generally all me. CC is a 20 min drive from home and as I usually need the car for work then I have to take kids drop off and pick up. Somedays if I need to be in city for a conference early then DH will drop off then drop car home then walk to station and go to work and I will pick them up.

Kinder days its generally me I do hope that DH can drop DS1 at morning kinder session but often he decides to go to work so much earlier so he cant.

Lots of dads at CC and kinder doing drop off and pick up as well as many grandparents.

Daycare for us, but I do the drop-off as I start work later (DH leaves home at 6:30) and it's on the way for me, then DH does the pick up because he finishes at 3, whereas lately I'm not home until 6.

On days that I work - it's my Dad, or rarely it's before/after school care if Dad can't do it.

Otherwise it's me.

XH makes other arrangements for when the kids are with him.

DP and I share kindy drop off and pick ups even though I'm the SAHP. He will do any he is around for then I do the rest, ends up close to 50/50 although a couple of weeks back I only did one pick up so it varies a lot.

There is a pretty even mix at our kindy of mums and dads plus a few grandparents.

On my work days, dh has to drop off and I pick up due to my hours. On my days off, I do the school run and dd2 gets to hang with mummy. Works for us.

We only have day care and it depends on DHs shifts he either works 7am-4pm or 3pm-2am and DS1 goes to day care on the Air Force base which is 30 mins away so DH will take him to work with him if he's on days if he's on nights I leave him and DS2 in bed and take DS1 myself and then pick him up later

DS is at daycare, and DH does drop off before work (unless running late, then I do it). He also does pickup after work

DD1 and DD2 I do drop off and pick up from school. If they need to go to before/after school care, DH takes care if it

DH because I work full time and apin a town 20 mins away so am out the door by 7:30 and home around 4:30. He is working part time now so it's working really well. I do miss seeing them off and going to special,days but at is our trade off for moving beachside plus DH is loving it!!!

I do dropoffs as DH starts at 7am or earlier. I do after school care pickup on Monday as DH has late meetings. He does pickup Tues/Wed/Thurs. On Friday DD catches the bus to my work and then we go shopping/to the park/swimming lessons etc.

When DD was at daycare and DH worked in the same town as me, then we would often do the pickups/dropoffs together or just depending on who needed to be at work first/was able to leave work first.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12