Thread: too late to start?

Default too late to start?

ive always been open to EC. the only reason i havent done it was because it added a whole extra layer to mummying (or seemed to) i felt being a first time mum and bf and using cloth nappies was enough of a learning curve for me all to do at once i didnt feel ready to add any extras. was like a baby and bf was the startrr package. the only 'extras' i added were cloth and bwing.
    but now i think im ready =) Spock and i was intune with tired signs and feeding signs. she knows the word 'milk' when i say it means bf and is slowly learning a sign for it so she can tell me clearer. and she understands a few other words which i normally say after she gives me cues. so now i mskes sense to learn her potty cues and expand on that (and doesnt seem so intimidating =)).
    but is it too late? have i made it harder on myself leaving it til now? she is 7months old.
    and what should i be looking for? what are some cues and signs bubs give that atleast gives me a starting point?
    i do have a couple of friends irl who do it that i plan on chatting too. but wont see them for another week or so.
    i guess i just want to know what should i be looking for?
    tia!

Default Re: too late to start?

bumpsikles

Not too late. Have you had a look at the EC general discussion threads? Pretty sure i have read of people starting a bit later with kids, and then earlier with subsequent kids.

i have had read around this part of the fourm. everyone talks about cues etc.. but what cues? I don't know what to look for! I know every child probably has different ones, but what are a few examples of things to look for. Spock has only once peed without a nappy on in her whole life (unless she does it in the bath and I dont notice), so I dont actually know what she looks/sounds like at all when she is peeing.

I had the same problem with DD, she never peed or pooped not in her nappy until she started taking herself to the toilet. She let me know after, didn't like sitting in wet but i could never work out cues.

hopefully some of the experts have more ideas. have you seen 'tribal baby' website?

no, is it worth looking at? Ill go google it.