Thread: when and how to begin?

Default when and how to begin?

Hi ladies,

DD is 3 1/2 months old.
    I have never tried EC but do like the sounds of it. I never tried it before now as she was in a harness for hip dysplasia, and mishaps would have been too risky!
    But I do know that she cries when/after she wees (not sure of the cues before) and that she "concentrates" before pooing - usually stops feeding to do so.

I am not really sure of how or when to begin EC. Catching over a pot/bucket or other recepticle sounds a bit difficult if they can't sit?

I would just like some basic step-by-step type of instructions or suggestions on how to begin and realistically what I should be aiming for with a 3 1/2 month old.

thanks heaps!

Never too late to start!

Check out Tribal Baby There is a wealth of info on ECing out there.
    A GF of mine doe sit with her 2nd son now, he is 3 weeks old and just did his first poo on a toilet! lol She just holds him sitting over it.

thanks limeslice!
    I did check out that website.
    One thing I am a bit concerned about is "the elimination position" - with DD having had hip dysplasia, I am a bit reluctant to hold her in that way, and she isn't quite up to sitting unsupported yet, so I am a bit wary about trying a potty. How early can one begin to use a potty?

The Potty Shop.....This place sells a potty bowl that you hold between your legs so you can sit babe on you knee no pressure on hips etc. I have done some part time with DD2 and used the bowl out of DD1s baby bjorn potty.
    Last edited by MistyFying; January 3rd, 2011 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Link to commercial site removed as per guidelines

thanks Aligater - have just ordered one!