Thread: Agomelatine experiences?

Default Agomelatine experiences?

I've just seen a psychiatrist to see of the pristiq I've been taking is the best meds for me and to explore options for the possibility of being on meds for pregnancy.
    He's prescribed Agomelatine ( valdoxan) which seems like an interested drug that works on melatonin(yay, a good nights sleep coming up) and is ok for bf.
    has anyone had experience with this drug? I'm hoping someone can shed some light on it with a positive experience.
    TIA.

Default Re: Agomelatine experiences?

I have started this medication after having bad side effects with the last three I tried. So far have been on it for two weeks and have no side effects - but no positives either 😞 I had thought this one took effect but I found out it takes about 4-6 weeks to notice anything so I'm going to wait another few weeks before I switch. Btw I didn't notice any differences with my sleep but I have five kids so sleep is a long distant memory 😉

Hi Sorka, thanks for your reply. I slept really well last night so I think this med will work well for me.
    Fx it work for you or you find something else that will support your wellbeing.

I have been on Valdoxan for a week and, besides a sore stomach, things seem to be going quite well. I am weaning off Lexapro at the same time. Sleep is better and I am feeling pretty good. Did either of you have any tummy issues? How are you both going now (I see the last post was over a month ago)?

Valdoxan is awesome for me. I sleep really well, feel positive and optimistic and motivated but I'm also on pristiq which I found better than Lexapro. Are you getting any discontinuation syndrome?