Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Argh I can't do it!

Default Argh I can't do it!

My PND and anxiety is going up and down and replaying much the same as last time which got pretty bad

But I just can't bring myself to start on the medication the anxiety Is making me worry about it affecting my baby from breastfeeding and I'm just not a fan of medications either

I have researched this topic to death and it should be ok for her but my anxiety is getting in the way of my decisions
    As well as somedays I can manage but most it's just overwhelming and stressful and I feel I shouldn't put up with this up and down

I can't get into see a psych for a month

Last edited by jellybean88; September 4th, 2013 at 04:01 PM.

Oh jellybean. It's hard making a decision to take any medicine if you're a BF mama, even if all the right people assure you it's safe. I wish I could help more.

In the same boat at the moment as well as pregnant...so know the feelings well. Sorry no help.

Jelly I haven't got any useful advise but it sounds like a hug wouldn't go astray, thinking of you

Thanks guys yes def needing hugs I'm so annoyed I have to do this again wish I could just enjoy my baby and bit have this ruining things

Hi jellybean I hope you don't mind me posting as I'm only new, but I found with anxiety it is so helpful to just get out and walk.. I refused to take any kind of medication and I found that yoga and keeping myself hydrated were great helps, I can't really comment on the pnd side of things, but I think time to yourself such as getting your hair done or just simply having that break, are very important. I'm here to chat to.. My anxiety once upon a time was that bad that I couldn't bring myself to leave the house :-/

Yeah I'm getting to the not wanting to leave the house stage now but I still manage to get out to have a play date with my friends and their kids at least once a week but last time I had to have medication it got so bad I think for me it's a hormonal thing so walking and stuff doesn't tend to do much but stress me more because its such an effort to et out with 2 small children

You poor thing it must feel horrible, I wish I had better advice for you!

Off to the psych today I feel so nervous and stubborn I keep procrastinating getting ready

Good Luck with it

Still struggling still not on meds I feel so stupid that this should be such a logical decision but I just can't think logically
    I feel like in in denial I can't get into psych for another month
    Why am I making things so hard for myself

No answers sorry. Just hugs.

Have you spoken to someone from a drug information place? There is a list of places here who can offer information on drugs and breastfeeding. https://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bf-...on-medications

I take medication and breastfeed my kids. I can be a happier, healthier mother to them with taking medication.

Ok so I rang the medicine information people and I took my first dose today boy do I feel whacked I'm dizzy, my muscles feel like jelly and I have forgotten a few things throughout the day hard to tell if I'm tired due to lack of sleep or meds

The guy in the medicine information was really helpful an reassuring and I really didn't want to give up breastfeeding so hopefully meds work after a couple weeks and I can start recovering still can't see psych for another month she is on holidays

Well done on taking that first step.

Thanks It was really hard step to make such a hard thing to go though you think I'd get onto things quicker with this being my second time with PND but I guess I was just in denial

I found seeing a counsellor once a week, along with challenging myself to go out with baby etc made all the difference.
    I also didn't want to take meds and didn't need to in the end.

Yeah I see a psychologist I've tried to put off meds for months now but I just keep getting worse and meltdowns getting more frequent
    It's hard to get out of the house with 2 kids under 2 so I've been waiting for dh to get home so I can go for a walk with just the baby they will start daycare 3 days a week in January before I go back to work in March so I'll get a break and I'm gonna join a free fitness circuit class while their at daycare so hopefully things pick up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast