Thread: A brilliant book...

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default A brilliant book...

Just wanted to share a brilliant book I have almost finished reading, that has had probably the most profound effect than any other personal / emotional development book/activity that I have done before. Hopefully this book will help some of you work through some things in your life, that you consciously or unconsciously knew was stopping you from being who you truly are. Because sometimes I think to myself, 'Why do I think / react this way? Something must be wrong with me.' lol!

Its a self help book recommended to me by a brilliant counsellor, and its about wounds we have and masks we create to hide or protect ourselves from those wounds. Some of the messages in this book have profoundly affected me, explained my behaviour (good and bad) and have blown myself and my partner away. It's helped me immensely.

Here is the blurb, I have put it on the BB online store (here), I was that impressed.

Heal Your Wounds & Find Your True Self

This new book by Lise Bourbeau demonstrates that all problems, whether physical, emotional or mental, stem from five important wounds: rejection, abandonment, humiliation, betrayal and injustice.

This book contains detailed descriptions of these wounds and of the masks we've developed to hide them. With this information, you will learn to identify the real cause of a specific problem in your life. You will also discover why some of us are extremely thin and others extremely fat, what other clues our physical bodies provide, and even how the way we dance can give us an insight into our particular wounds and masks. This book will allow you to set off on the path that leads to complete healing, the path that leads to your ultimate goal: your true self. Lise Bourbeau is also author of the International Best-Selling title, Listen to Your Body, Your Best Friend on Earth.
    I have identified my 'wound' and its been incredible seeing how the actions, behaviours and feelings all have come up strongly in times of crisis and weakness from many years ago - I reacted in the same way and felt the same way. It teaches you how to accept, forgive and work through these wounds - and my head feels much lighter I hope it can help you guys too.
    Last edited by BellyBelly; October 5th, 2009 at 10:00 AM.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

This book was recommended to me by a brilliant counsellor too Kel...
    Really glad to see your review, as its on my 'to buy' list, and now I think I really must get it asap!
    Sounds like it helped you do some wonderful work.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Yeah it was the first step I think... realising what my 'wound' was and having closure on that, understanding how it happened and why I am the way I am basically! But you have to keep going from there, because you need to do something with it to move past it So there are some other great books to follow on with that, including the work of Byron Katie, Eckhart Tolle and David Schnarch

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team