Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you do for 'me' time?

Default What do you do for 'me' time?

What do you do for 'me' time? I was running/exercising and that was enough but I'm not doing that at the moment. Everything else I think of costs money and we don't have much spare cash at the moment. I feel like all I do is cooking, cleaning, kinder runs etc (im sure a lot of us feel like this).

So hit me with some ideas to get me out of the house without spending too much cash.

Default Re: What do you do for 'me' time?

I volunteer.

Walk.
    Volunteer
    Study

Am I allowed to say Bellybelly???

Things I like to do: escape into a good book (Goodreads is a good place to start if you've not read anything for a while or are a bit uninspired about what to read next) - this process includes heading down to the public library, where as a bonus they have a cafe. So you can pick up some glossy mags, a good novel, and then linger over a decent cuppa. I also go op-shopping (more for random stuff than clothes), take classes (eg, make candles, learn to quilt, tai chi), join a group (eg, writers' groups, that's what I'm interested in). This last thing is a bit like joining a club - it's good because you get to do something you're interested in, you meet people who are interesting, and then there's the element of attending regularly which means you get to form friendships as well). I also love going to the cinema, and going by myself - or with a friend - in the daytime is often the only way I can get there (it's cheaper as well). And my other favorite thing is to go on a bit of an adventure tour - where I basically drive my car in a general direction, then I head off the main road and I stop and check out anything that I think looks interesting - parks, antique shops, bookshops, cafes, markets, craft places, op shops, etc. Because I'm travelling at my own pace, I can explore as much as I feel like. This is a great one if you're a photography enthusiast because you can just ramble as the mood takes you (I do this but I stop and write as I go). Try it.

I go to the gym or walk the dog. Most of my 'me time' is being at home but being able to concentrate on my chosen activity. So I might set myself up in our study or bedroom and work on a photobook or read undisturbed while my husband keeps the boys occupied. Every now and then I'll hop into bed super early while my husband does an easy tea, I'll watch a movie or read, so lovely when you're running on empty

Walking

My makeup
    Exercise
    Make beauty products

I draw =)

Default What do you do for 'me' time?

Start a book club! Take up a hobby.

Me time is making things. Cooking/baking, sewing/knitting.

Mastering vintage hairstyles.

Catching up with friends.

I'm hoping to start walking with a friend soon.

Pinterest is me time. Snuggled up in bed with a hot beverage. Also helps me find more me time activities.

Even something as simple as grabbing a take away coffee and sitting in a park can be good for the soul.

Great ideas ladies, keep them coming. Not sure if I'm the joining a club or class type of person. I'm trying to organize more regular catch up with friends.

My best friend just moved to the same suburb, we are absolutely loving walking together a few mornings a week. Exercise + chatting with my BFF = perfect!

I catch the train home from work ... does that count?

I'm sometimes with friends, sometimes on my own.

If on my own, I sometimes listen to music and do puzzles, sometimes read, but nap more than anything, these days ...

Ride/hangout with my horses. Read. Meet a friend for a meal/coffee.

I'm thinking cooking classes. But I need stuff on a regular basis. I hate the feeling of Groundhog Day!

Ladybug, when you are able to get out there and do some classes or try some activities out, you will find ways to bring those things home & fit them in around other stuff. So your me-time grows.

Yeah that's very true, that's what I thought the cooking classes would do. Thanks for your suggestions ladies!

I watch trash tv.

I read a book in bed mostly. It's very rare I get out with no kiddies, so this is how I de-stress and have a little time to myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast