Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you do for 'me' time?

Default Re: What do you do for 'me' time?

I like to learn stuff. There is an endless amount of university content you can access online for free. It's brilliant.

Or sometimes something random strikes me like the last month I've been pretty obsessed about pencils and have been learning all about their history, their role in history, making them and just all sorts of things. I actually started writing a screenplay based on pencil related history, although it is part fact part fiction lol.

I like thinking about and researching the meaning of songs or quotes or poetry. I like researching about the person/s behind them too and how their world view might have developped. I like trying to alter or build on quotes to be more reflective of my worldview, I like penning my own sound bites too. And speeches, I enjoy writing speeches even if they'll only ever be for me. I find it really helps to write how I would express myself to others to organize my feelings and reasons and shed light on any glaring holes and such to work through.

Things like TED talks and documentaries too. I basically spend my free time thinking or doing things to help organise my thoughts (writing or art usually) or watching/reading/listening stuff to inspire thought.

Oooo yes. Learning! I get mini obsessions too.

I decided to study nursing as a thing to do for myself and when I'm having a break from that my me time either involves watching call the midwife, game of thrones or just plain nothing on the couch or having a nap

It's not out of the house unless you count in the hammock on a nice day lol, but I read.

Blog
    Sew (especially upcycling. I hardly spend any money, just scavenge stuff and make itinto other cool stuff)
    Swim
    Volunteer
    Read
    Bake

And, if I need it with kids, I bundle them into the pram and walk and walk and walk and walk, especially on a busy road where I can't hear them talk and I disappear into my own daydreams.

What is 'me time'? Lol

I wish I could crochet. And make amigumuri. And fancy biscuits!

But at the moment (pregnant) it usually involves me lying in bed trying not to vomit

Sleep
    Play games on my phone
    Surf net for random stuff
    Crochet
    Organise photos
    Online shopping
    Gumtree
    Belly belly

Seriously when i do get some me time (if i ever) last thing i want to do is use my brain (work already burns that part lol)

I went to a cafe today with a trashy mag! It was great!!

I catchup with friends for a wine (or several!) or dinner (or both!). I love catching up with my girlfriends on my own, it's heaven!

I shop a bit when I have time to myself. I love browsing with a takeaway coffee in hand, bliss.

My other favourite is going for a walk by myself with some music on. Love it.

I went to a movie by myself tonight. Would have loved to follow it up with a night in a big bed by myself too.

Still the train for me, mostly.

Though I want to start doing regular walks, now that it's getting lighter later ...

ah, me time. ... a distant memory

I ride my horse.
    It's my happiest place in the world.
    I am just rediscovering this and it makes everything in my life better.

Um, yeah... me time... Distant memory, although it is starting to come back to me now...

I am desperately trying to cut down on "stuff", so op-shopping is not bringing me the same joy it once did. That said, I have bought a number of old wardrobes (smaller Gents' wardrobes and a nursery wardrobe) and a 1960's secretariat desk which I am restoring, and I have also refinished a cot. I figure they are all useful items, and I can put my "stuff" in them, lol. It is a new skill I had to learn, and I really enjoy the process of stripping them down (by hand, omg!), sanding to a fine finish and then refinishing. I like the attention to detail.

Baking makes for good me time, as does enjoying the fruits with a hot cup of tea or coffee.

Napping. Love naps. Especially when others are napping too!

Studying. I have just enrolled in an online course, which is Governement funded/subsidised/whatever it is, so that makes it affordable.

I work and study. I love the adult time, and doing something for myself. Leisure raing is rare, but very enjoyable, and with the nicer weather Im going to do a bit of sunbathing an reading on my kidfree days.
    But I also enjoy doing the housework on my own and running

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12